Not only the most underrated, I would say it may well be the best song Jeff has ever writen.

I saw Jeff Solo once and Nels joined him on Dash 7 on the Dobro and it was freaking awesome!!

I just looked on wilcobase and the song has only been played live 8 times :stunned

I caught a Jeff/Nels performance, too - great stuff, indeed. I didn't realize that the song was played only 8 times. Caught 3 of them.

It is a good tune.

It is a bad ass song. A dear friend of mine once had this authentic looking baseball jersey made for me as a gift, it has Wilco embroidered on the front (split by the buttons) and Dash as the name on the back and a large 7 as my number. :) it was my idea hahaha thanks again Stooka!

Now you're just talking crazy. :fish

Seriously? With so many other magnificent songs from which to choose?

Because it is a wonderful song.

This thread made me start requesting this song for the Hollywood Bowl. I'm aware it's an impossibility, but it would be kick butt.

There are not enough pretty words to portray my love for this song.

It's not an impossibility at all. I went to the show on August 4th in Columbus & watched them play ELT for the first time this tour. Jeff even introduced it as "a song we haven't played in a while." I guess those 100+ requests that I put in actually paid off.

That came out wrong in my fatigued state. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Dixie Chicks. That is, some of their material. I didn't care for the heavy pop-leaning "country" material, but definitely enjoyed it when they were in folk-bluegrass mode. I also liked what I heard from the sisters' side project, Court Yard Hounds.

This thread made me start requesting this song for the Hollywood Bowl. I'm aware it's an impossibility, but it would be kick butt.

There are not enough pretty words to portray my love for this song.

I saw them play it and lincoln hall this year... so not impossible. Great song and better with the whole band.

It's not an impossibility at all. I went to the show on August 4th in Columbus & watched them play ELT for the first time this tour. Jeff even introduced it as "a song we haven't played in a while." I guess those 100+ requests that I put in actually paid off.

We were at the C-bus show as well, and Ioved hearing ELT - it's one of my favorites on ST and I wasn't expecting it at all...