• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but it's still 'Roo. Even having VIP, it's barely tolerable. If you don't have VIP, and you're over 30 & mature, you will hate it. We had tremendous connections, backstage access, free beer & water & some free food, and it was still a major hassle. The logistics are at times very difficult to manuver, meaning just getting from one stage to another presents problems. The VIP camping is at best okay. You walk a football field length to get a shower; the shower in the camper sucks. Period. If you take your own tour bus in, that would be the way to go. If you're thinking of the camping scene, good luck. It was literally gross. Have fun in the morning waiting in line 30 minutes for a port-a-potty that's not close to clean. If it sounds like I am whining, I'm not. I am spot on, and anyone who's done it knows the deal.

Lineup looks great to me.

Wilco is up to 4 shows in June. Think they will tour most of the month? Hope so...

I'm wish...but...I'm betting more like they'll do some festivals.

We know the two shows at Solid Sound will be full sets, & I actually called the good folks at the Nelsonville Fest to confirm that they will be doing a full set there(they've been given a 2 & 1/2 hour slot to close Saturday night with), but I'm betting Boonaroo will be a shortened 90 minute "festival" length set...

I'd love to have them play some more near where I am on the east coast, but I'm betting it'll mainly be different festivals that they end up doing & less outright touring until after the album comes out late in 2013.

I'm wish...but...I'm betting more like they'll do some festivals.

We know the two shows at Solid Sound will be full sets, & I actually called the good folks at the Nelsonville Fest to confirm that they will be doing a full set there(they've been given a 2 & 1/2 hour slot to close Saturday night with), but I'm betting Boonaroo will be a shortened 90 minute "festival" length set...

I'd love to have them play some more near where I am on the east coast, but I'm betting it'll mainly be different festivals that they end up doing & less outright touring until after the album comes out late in 2013.

I wouldn't be surprised if they add shows. Logistics of moving gear around half the country for three shows doesn't make great sense even though these festivals are probably big pay days. I could see them playing shows between the OH and TN dates.

Wilcoworld indicates that the band is playing opening night of 'roo.

Yeah...they should do a tour of the South around the Roo show......WooRoo.

Florida is always a great place for them to come to...I have an open invitation for any members of Wilco to have dinner at my house and my wife said she would make an Italian fest for them.

• 1 month later...

Consequence of Sound lists Wilco as being "official" for Summerfest in Milwaukee. Anyone else heard anything? I suspect we'll see an official performance announcement (or perhaps tour announcement???) soon! 

http://festival-outlook.consequenceofsound.net/fests/view/1196/summerfest

Edit: Just saw this -- http://www.radiomilwaukee.org/music/soundboard/events/wilco-co-headline-violent-femmes-summerfest

Co-headlining with Violent Femmes on June 26?

I had read an article about how Jeff hates performing new songs in front of an audience before he's finished recording them. Something about how it's hard for him to serperate the audience reaction to the quiet studio. I saw them play Walken the summer before Sky BLue Sky came out, I wonder if he still feels that way, or if any songs are recorded at this point. It seems they would have to be if they want to release an album this year..right?

• 2 weeks later...

I had read an article about how Jeff hates performing new songs in front of an audience before he's finished recording them. Something about how it's hard for him to serperate the audience reaction to the quiet studio. I saw them play Walken the summer before Sky BLue Sky came out, I wonder if he still feels that way, or if any songs are recorded at this point. It seems they would have to be if they want to release an album this year..right?

And One Wing...

I hope they would continue to do this, but I can understand his why he might not like it.

I have been listening to a show from 2003 (Wallingford, CT) in which they did Muzzle of Bees, ALTWYS and Spiders.

The versions of Spiders & Bees were very diiferent from what wound up on the album, however, the newer version of Spiders they have been doing for the last year incorporates how they performed it at the 2003 show.

And for my mind at least, I like this version better

• 1 month later...

No news, but I have given it some thought. So the following is only speculation, based on events of the past 8 months or so....

Wilco announced last year that fans should plan to see them in 2012, as they would be taking much of 2013 off to record an album. At that time, they had a few dates Down Under scheduled for spring of 2013, plus Solid Sound.

With the AmericanaramA tour announcement, I wondered if that will impact the recording schedule, and maybe the next album comes out in 2014.