New Record?

Let me be the first to say it...MEH

Seriously kidding...this has me doing the happy dance :banana  :badger  :rock  :dance 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOUB: Has the band been doing any recording?

JT: I’ve been getting material together and doing demos and slowly, but surely, making plans for future records, but nothing concrete. Nothing much to report, other than thinking about making a new record.

WOUB: Has the band been doing any recording?

JT: I’ve been getting material together and doing demos and slowly, but surely, making plans for future records, but nothing concrete. Nothing much to report, other than thinking about making a new record.

Ok, so...then...here's to the new Wilco album coming out in 2014!!!!

I think they changed their minds with the Americanarama tour because in February Glenn talked about recording and releasing a new album this year:

Sweet. We're really excited to witness that. So I have to ask more about Wilco because I am such a huge fan. What's the band have planned for the rest of the year or are you all doing your own things for a while?

No, we never take too much time off. We had a show in mid-December and we are back in the studio at the end of this month recording. In mid-March we are off to Australia, New Zealand and Japan, touring for a month. Then we are recording a bunch in May. We have our festival, Solid Sound, the third installment of that in June in North Adams, Massachusetts. So we have a tour around that and a bunch through the Summer. And also recording through the Summer.

So maybe a record at the end of the year?

At least one this year, probably in the Fall. I will also be having at least one new record coming out this year. It's a record of compositions that I been doing the last couple years. It's got Kronos Quartet on it, it's got Gamelon from MIT and some other stuff of mine. That'll be a full record coming out later this year.

http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenoise/2013/02/glenn_kotche_interview.php?page=2

I think they changed their minds with the Americanarama tour because in February Glenn talked about recording and releasing a new album this year:

http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenoise/2013/02/glenn_kotche_interview.php?page=2

Right, and there was also an interview with Jeff in Uncut magazine where he specifically said they were targeting late 2013 for a new album.

I think you're right that the Americanarama tour was too good an opportunity to pass up. I would think that working with the diverse artists at Solid Sound and then touring with Dylan and MMJ might provide fodder for creative exploration. Jeff said in some recent interview that he considers it his job to stay inspired. And who knows where they'll find inspiration? I would certainly find it inspiring to play and collaborate with all these different musicians.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rumor of a Wilco show in Lincoln Park Chicago in August...http://chicagoist.com/2013/05/19/great_googamooga_fest_coming_to_chi.php

Anyone in the Chicagoland area know if we will get an announcemnt of this rumored show this week now that the AmericanaramA show is past?  The Chicago Park Events Page doesn't give me much hope as I can't find anything tenatively reserved anymore.  Thx

I noticed that On Filmore is playing a bunch of dates for Radiolab live.  I don't even know if they'll be able to record again in 2013.  Oh well, I guess it was definitely going to be a 2014 record either way.

Interesting that Wilco has October 11 listed as the date for the ACL festival in Austin and On Filmore has the same date listed for Milwaukee ..?

I've heard talk around my office that it is happening (we are looking into sponsoring), but have no idea when they would announce. I assumed this week as well.

Thanks, I will continue to keep the weekend open.