Woman Wakes from Coma, Requests A Bob Seger Show

That has to be about the biggest softball that's ever been lobbed my way, but strangely I just don't have it in me to be snarky this time.

:rotfl

You guys are great. I forgot all about "Like A Rock."

One of my favorite comments was "She's older now, but still running against the wind." It's a pretty weak one, but it still made me laugh.

Come back (from your coma), baby, rock and roll never forgets.

I saw Bob last weekend. He is so un-hip that it is cool. He doesn't care about being hip. Refreshing. If you like classic rock there is no way you don't like a half dozen of his songs.

Does it make Wilco unhip that he is covering their song at all his shows?

I love going to see Seger live. I saw the last two tours and its just great song after great song, a super fun sing along with a bunch of good people who know how to have a simple, unhip good time. A good long show with a good big band. I'd go see Seger over Springsteen any day. They have similar shows and similar styles of music. When it comes to comparing so called workingman's Heartland rockers, I have a lot more emotional connection to Seger's songs than Springsteens. Night Moves, Against The Wind, Hollywood Nights, We've Got Tonight, Mainstreet, Beautiful Loser, Ramblin' Gamblin' Man, I love that stuff. Yeah, he's old and way past his prime, but I feel lucky to have seen him at all. His music, to me, represents a time and way that is rapidly disappearing and I treasure it.

I can totally dig both what nalafej and Shug posted. I am sure I would enjoy ol' Bob live if I ever saw him.

I don't think it actually matters if someone is considered hip at this point. I sure as hell ain't. I listen to all sorts of weird old stuff, and some pretty mainstream old stuff. I find very little new music that has any staying power for me personally.

Okay, back to the senior citizen fan: I guess she has mastered the "horizontal" part of Horizontal Bop. No?

just saw afollow up on the interwebs. Apparently, on their way home they headed out to Fire Lake instead with Uncle Joe.

You remember Uncle Joe?

I know its early, but I would like to nominate this as Thread of the Year 2013

I think you meant to say: I know it's late...

Seger was actually the first band I ever saw live. August, '76 - the Live Bullet Era. He opened for KISS - at the height of their powers on The Destroyer Tour. I thought he was pretty good at the time. But imo he threw it all away when he got away from the Mitch Ryder vibe and went into the "singer-songwriter" thing.

Plus, living where I do his stuff is so ubiquitous on the airwaves it's just plain nauseating after awhile.