We've been lucky.

Maybe too lucky. It's been over 4000 days since the last attack on American soil.

Has our vigilence been slackened? Have we gotten lazy? Complacent?

Maybe this wasn't an act of Terrorism, but at 3:00 CDT, it looks like it.

Dozens of people have been seriously injured after two reported explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. The Boston Globe cited witnesses who reported hearing two large explosions shortly before 3 p.m. ET. The Associated Press reported at least one of the explosions came near the entrance of the Fairmont Copley Hotel. Yahoo News is tracking the latest developments in the live blog below.

We've been lucky.

Maybe too lucky. It's been over 4000 days since the last attack on American soil.

Has our vigilence been slackened? Have we gotten lazy? Complacent?

Maybe this wasn't an act of Terrorism, but at 3:00 CDT, it looks like it.

it is a way too early to speculate on if this is terrorism or not, considering it was an hour ago.

At this point all we should do is hope that everyone is ok.  (though as I type this at least 2 are confirmed dead).

On the Boston News late last night I saw a
NY LOVES* BOSTON 
Oversized Message Lighted upon a NYC bldg last Night
*shape of a Heart and baseball logo's

No One knows more about this as a City than NYC
It is Classy & Appreciated 

Last night at the Chicago Blackhawks game a moment of silence was held in observance of the Boston Tragedy
a moment of respectful silence then a loud and proud rendition of our National Anthem.
 http://wgnradio.com/2013/04/15/united-c ... nd-anthem/

We will not allow this to make us live in fear 
as we are back to work in the city today.

Patton Oswald summed up my thoughts pretty well on his Facebook Page.  

Boston. Fucking horrible. 

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths. 

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness. 

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago. 

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

On the Boston News late last night I saw a
NY LOVES* BOSTON 
Oversized Message Lighted upon a NYC bldg last Night
*shape of a Heart and baseball logo's

No One knows more about this as a City than NYC

Last night at the Chicago Blackhawks game a moment of silence was held in observance of the Boston Tragedy
a moment of respectful silence then a loud and proud rendition of our National Anthem.
 http://wgnradio.com/... ... nd-anthem/

We will not allow this to make us live in fear 
as we are back to work in the city today.

Looks like they've identified a suspect. I hope they make the bastard run 26.2 miles barefoot over broken glass before executing him.

Since Massachusetts doesn't have the death penalty I doubt they will do that and IMHO it would serve no purpose (but that is another debate for another time).  

I hope the person(s) responsible are found and brought to justice.  

Justice would include putting the person in a room alone with 2 bombs and whatever happens, happens. Dude killed 3 people, including an 8 yr old kid and caused a bunch more to become amputees.

Tax hatin' Tea Partier. Caucasian. Late 20s-early 30s. Possibly a veteran. Acted alone or maybe with one other. Local to Boston area.

Tax hatin' Tea Partier. Caucasian. Late 20s-early 30s. Possibly a veteran. Acted alone or maybe with one other. Local to Boston area.

:glare

I think speculating on the who and why does more harm then good.  

What harm does it do here on this message board?

Maybe it ruffles the feathers of Right leaning folks? I dunno but I meant no harm, just speculatin'.

Maybe it ruffles the feathers of Right leaning folks? I dunno but I meant no harm, just speculatin'.

I think you know I am far from right wing, but do we really think we should be playing armchair detectives here?  Maybe harm is not the right word, but kinda of pointless.  This story is 48 hours old, and now we have already moved from the grief process to the pointing fingers part.

I think its natural to be curious about who would do such a thing and what would motivate such heinous behavior.