AmericanaramA Memphis setlist?

Seems no Wilco fans from here went, nor did any Jacket fans from their messageboard go to this show, no reports at all yet, nor on Facebook or Wilcoworld.

Where is Bbop and why is he apparently not seeing this tour?

It seems that there was a shake up in Dylan's band too - Charlie Sexton is back - replaces Duke Robillard.

This whole Americanarama  tour has been pretty fascinating so far.

Great show tonight.  Here is the setlist:

Ashes of American Flags

Christ For President

New Madrid

Song from Mermaid Avenue- didn't make the record- Jeff said they have never played before

Kamera

Say You Miss Me

I Must Be High (Jeff said this was the first song Wilco ever recorded. It was done in Memphis at Easley Studios)

Dawned on Me

ALTWYS

Art of Almost

Via Chicago

Whole Love

Hate It Here

Late Greats

HMD

Shot In The Arm

Ashes of American Flags

Christ For President

New Madrid

Song from Mermaid Avenue- didn't make the record- Jeff said they have never played before

Kamera

Say You Miss Me

I Must Be High (Jeff said this was the first song Wilco ever recorded. It was done in Memphis at Easley Studios)

Dawned on Me

ALTWYS

Art of Almost

Via Chicago

Whole Love

Hate It Here

Late Greats

HMD

Shot In The Arm

Good Set!  I was just listening to Late Greats today and thinking how badass it is.  Glad to see it pop up again!

First night of the tour with Richard Thompson Trio replacing Bob Weir as the opening act...and nothing so far with Thompson & Wilco playing together.
I don't know how much prep, or time before that first date, but they worked with Weir from the get go & did a couple songs a night together for his run as the opening act. Great stuff too!!!
I'm REALLY hoping the Wilco-Weir collaboration sets the precedent that will lead to some Wilco-Thompson wonders!!! I'm seeing the last show with Thompson on July 15th in Toronto, so I'm hoping that things up & running/cooking at that point....and then, at least, the Darien Lake show on 7/18... now also looking at the trio of shows that run from 7/26-7/28, but we'll see about those later, not so sure just yet...

I'm not seeing any of these shows, will be out of town when it hits Great Woods, but I'm really hoping to be reading about a Richard Thompson-Wilco collaboration.  The Nels-Richard fireworks would be something to behold.

Was Richard playing electric with his trio? 

This tour had been one of the best for setlist watching on a long long time.

It really is! I like how they are mixing it up. Some of my favorites on this one - New Madrid, Kamera, Say You Miss Me, Via Chicago, Late Greats. And they are playing more songs each night than Dylan (though I know Dylan stretches out a bunch of his songs).

Will Thompson still be on the Bill when they hit Mansfield Ma from what I read its MMJ Wilco Dylan btw as much as I like Charlie being back w/Dylan Duke is a local it would have been a nice homecoming but I guess not to be.

C Ya in Mansfield grilling ...

Wow, an unexpected and seemingly acrimonious parting-of-the-ways between Dylan and Duke Robillard.  Didn't see that coming!

Another wonderful setlist from Wilco.  It's nice to get a concentrated mix of unusual stuff, without the need to play every single obligatory song.  Usually these festival shows are a chance to knock out your "hits," pick up a check, and introduce your music to some new people.  But AmericanaramA is shaping up to be one of their most memorable and unique tours in a long time.

Will Thompson still be on the Bill when they hit Mansfield Ma from what I read its MMJ Wilco Dylan btw as much as I like Charlie being back w/Dylan Duke is a local it would have been a nice homecoming but I guess not to be.

C Ya in Mansfield grilling ...

To the best of my knowledge Richard's last show is the one I'm seeing in Toronto on July 15th...after that Ryan Bingham- who's good & all I guess, saw him open for The Flatlanders...but, yeah...anyways...sorry

Ashes of American Flags

Christ For President

New Madrid

Kamera

Say You Miss Me

Dawned on Me

ALTWYS

Art of Almost

Via Chicago

Whole Love

Hate It Here

Late Greats

HMD

Shot In The Arm

AOAF opener, Christ for Pres, New Madrid, Say You Miss Me, I Must be High. The high energy from ALTWYS to Shot in the Arm. Damn good setlist for an hour and 15.

It seems that there was a shake up in Dylan's band too - Charlie Sexton is back - replaces Duke Robillard.

This whole Americanarama  tour has been pretty fascinating so far.

Charlie Sexton, hell yeah!!!!  That has me stoked.  Nothing against Robillard, but I love Charlie Sexton's playing.

Very nice set from Wilco, too.  Lots of goodies for my friend seeing them the first time, stuff I sent to him to get him into Wilco like Ashes, At Least That's What You Said, Via Chicago.  And for me Say You MIss Me is a treat, along with I Must Be High.  Looks like a great setlist to me.

I smiled at these quotes on that Dylan board about Robillard's early departure from Dylan's band:

steadyrollinman wrote:
They should've used Wilco's Nels Cline until the end of this tour. That guy rocks.

YES! That guys is superb. His licks on Impossible Germany.. Oh boy