Go See this Lineup
Ratdog short Review of House of Blues Boston night 1

After having seen 3 Furthurs / incl first rendition and Two other Ratdog Shows

Last night was simply my Best Post Jerry Concert w/ Bobby on the Stage ... SOLD OUT as well as Tonight
Steve Kimock and Wasserman are so good... mellow fluid and Bobby's was in Stong Voice and wait for it.. Energetic..
Really a fine time included a special guest as well
check out this setlist...
I: The Music Never Stopped > Mama Tried > My Brother Esau, Easy to Slip > Supplication > Easy to Slip, Mission in the Rain > Easy Answers > Two Djinn

II: K.C. Moan, Fever, Friend of the Devil, Bird Song*, China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider > Stuff +, Death Don't Have No Mercy, Turn On Your Lovelight > Shakey Ground > Turn On Your Lovelight

E: Baby Blue

*-w/ Mike Gordon and w/out Robin; +-w/ Tony "Thunder" Smith (drums)
Mike Gordan his own gig later in the week at HOB

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go See this Lineup

Ratdog short Review of House of Blues Boston night 1

After seen 3 Futhurs / incl first rendition and Two other Ratdog Shows

Last night was the Best Post Jerry Concert w/ Bobby on the Stage ... SOLD OUT as well as Tonight

Steve Kimock and Wasserman are so good... mellow fluid and Bobby's was in Stong Voice and wait for it.. Energetic..

Really a fine time included a special guest as well

check out this setlist...

I: The Music Never Stopped > Mama Tried > My Brother Esau, Easy to Slip > Supplication > Easy to Slip, Mission in the Rain > Easy Answers > Two Djinn

II: K.C. Moan, Fever, Friend of the Devil, Bird Song*, China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider > Stuff +, Death Don't Have No Mercy, Turn On Your Lovelight > Shakey Ground > Turn On Your Lovelight

E: Baby Blue

*-w/ Mike Gordon and w/out Robin; +-w/ Tony "Thunder" Smith (drums)

Mike Gordan his own gig later in the week at HOB

Nice to read.  The last time I walked out of a show was Ratdog at the Orpheum, many years ago.  Left at the set break.  Never been back to see them since.  I'll be seeing them at the Lockin festival, so glad to hear there's a chance I may enjoy their sets.

Thanks for the write-up roadhse ma.

Hoping for an interesting guest here in Chicago - looks like they have been pulling some great guests and the guests have been well received and played well, which is not always the case at some shows that I have seen in the past.

I always enjoyed Tony "Thunder" Smith's drumming.

Nice to read.  The last time I walked out of a show was Ratdog at the Orpheum, many years ago.  Left at the set break.  Never been back to see them since.  I'll be seeing them at the Lockin festival, so glad to hear there's a chance I may enjoy their sets.

I may have been there (Orpheum) once late 90s and the other 08? I knew one of those was completely flat no energy.

But hopefully Ratdog w/ this line up is turning a page

Tickets were again scare on the street last night and double FV on the Stubhub/ HOB felt it was due the word on Mondays show.

Just read that Bob Weir & Ratdog with Dwight Yoakam  with play at Ravinia Park in Highland Park (high class north-shore suburb of Chicago) - the neighborhood is not going to know what hit him.

I do like the pairing.

I have gone to shows (Lyle Lovett (twice) and the Indigo Girls)  there and it is quite nice ---- allow to bring in food/picnic and booze, which is nice.

Never heard of a slow day at work, or of the Tivoli concert? :lol

I forgot all about the Halloween masks until that part came along. Creepy and funny at the same time!

Yea, never heard of a slow day at work! Hah.  No, I was referring to anyone not liking Europe '72 Dead.

Oops, '82, correct! The UVM show in '83 is solid, too....shitty quality as it was in a school gym, but solid show.

the 83 UVM show (April 13?) was pretty interesting. Jerry's guitar had an interesting tone through the Scarfire. Also, the Throwin' Stones ended uniquely (e.g., with mydland saying Acid............all fall done)

Thanks.

Made my day!

Passing it on.

Glad you enjoyed it. Pay it forward! :cheers

On another note: can anyone direct me to a SBD of the Dead show from May 28th, 1982? Really cool second set with Boz Scaggs & John Cipollina. There's a very nice clip of it on YouTube, but it's far too long to convert via the old "YouTube to mp3 converter" site. I'd be fine with any .rar or .zip file of FLAC or mp3. 

On another note: can anyone direct me to a SBD of the Dead show from May 28th, 1982? Really cool second set with Boz Scaggs & John Cipollina. There's a very nice clip of it on YouTube, but it's far too long to convert via the old "YouTube to mp3 converter" site. I'd be fine with any .rar or .zip file of FLAC or mp3. 

Can you post the youtube link? Wanna check that out.

I've said this before - but you can find almost every GD SBD there is at bt.etree.org. They are blocked on Archive.org. As was pointed out - the AUD files are up there for download.

I've said this before - but you can find almost every GD SBD there is at bt.etree.org. They are blocked on Archive.org. As was pointed out - the AUD files are up there for download.

I've said this before, but I don't do torrents. Never could find a way to download them on my iMac, even after downloading software for that express purpose. Don't really need any more Dead AUD files, I already have too many on my system. Looking for a zip or RAR, even if in mp3 format.

Beat me to it. Very nice!

I forgot you don't do BT.

No worries. Hell, I don't remember what I had for lunch on Monday.

I gave it an honest shot, and the download ended up with a little text window with computerese gobbledygook. I decided not to get fancier than .rar and zip files after that.

Well, I checked out my list and the best I can do is an "aud" cassette from 5/28/82. Its a B+ grade. Do you still have a tape player? I still have blanks.

Well, I checked out my list and the best I can do is an "aud" cassette from 5/28/82. Its a B+ grade. Do you still have a tape player? I still have blanks.

Damn, reading this makes me grin.

I haven't used my tape deck in a while - and I am planning to digitize my tapes at some point - but that is a very tempting offer.

As we used to say in the old days: PM on the way!