Good albums with terrible cover art.

Led Zeppelin 2.   If the front cover, with its white oval representing a blimp, terrible fonts and color schenmes, and ridiculous group photo aren't bad enough, open the thing up and get a load of this abortion of graphic design: 

26966647-2.jpg

Willie Nelson put out a Christmas album in the late 70s that features the ugliest rendition of the singers face, ever. He must've been high when he authorized it. The music is nice though, I play it every season.

41npwpMBpbL.jpg

Whenever this one came up in rotation when I was a college DJ, I would skip over it just because I hated the album cover so much. Then I got caught, so I had to play it. I wound up really freaking loving it, and loving this band.

51fDJqBPLoL._SX300_.jpg

Now, I love Martin Newell, but this horrible portrait shot is damn near unforgivable as an album cover. Just looks like something from the family vacation: poorly composed and awkward. Good thing the music is typically womderful.

51FrfYDcvWL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Cute baby, but seriously?

51dy7qN0adL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Sorry for making you look at this one. And yes, I DO like this record!

61YrExwOJpL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

A good record of Hendrix covers. Horrible album cover.

That design may have been cutting-edge for 1969. According to Wikipedia, the Interwebs' most reliable source for everything, art director David Juniper was nominated for a Grammy for Best Recording Package for the album.

and we all know that the Grammys have their very tympani to the ground of whatever the cutting edge is doing.

I still want to know why the Spanish Version of Led Zeppelin II, as pictured at the top of this thread, has sides one and two mixed up. How can it start with Heartbreaker? (Rompecorazones). 

My best guess is that they wanted it to end with Gracias.

This one always struck me as a bad cover because it's really where Frampton started going the wrong direction.  Here was this bad ass guitar player from Humble Pie and you just know the record company put the pressure on to market himself to the teen girls.  "C'mon Peter, this will really shift some units!".

220px-I%27m_In_You_Album.jpg