Any Good Weekend Plans?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little late, but too good a story not to share.

I used to work with this single mom who, bless her heart, was really trying to be the perfect Mom.

One year, on March 1st, she sent her son to school with St. Patrick's day cupcakes.

• 1 month later...

Tomorrow we get to go to a local highschool for a fine arts fest which is featuring all the best scribbles from the area grade school artists.

Then Sunday is a combo Mothers Day/birthday blow out for the mother in law.

Whoever said that middle aged parenthood life is bland was so so wrong.

Taking my lady to see Lady Antebellum. She's never been to a real show before, just small groups in clubs or bars, so it will be fun watching her reaction/excitement etc.

Lady A might be pop country, but they sure can sang... 

(and I'm not being sarcastic.. they really are incredibly gifted vocalists)  

I have only heard one of their songs. Got the tickets as a present for her.

Alan Parsons cover, ha! I didn't get that one, but I read up on the story. Pretty funny. They are guaranteed to play it...which is good, since that is the only song of theirs I have heard thus far.

Took my son to the Anime Central convention just outside of Chicago. ("A-Cen" in Rosemont.)

This was our third year and, as always, we had a great time. Watched all the people in their elaborate costumes, discovered a couple of new manga series and picked up an interesting-looking anime, which I am sure we will dig.

After, we stopped at his favorite restaurant--in River Grove--and had a killer Italian meal.

An amazing day.

I love hanging with that kid when I get him away from his brother.

Picked up some brats from the Paulina meat market. Looking forward to a relaxing weekend.

Yum, I LOVE that place!

Going backpacking on the Chattooga River Trail in South Carolina. Cue "Dueling Banjos" here....it's where they filmed Deliverance!

YEE-HAW!

Ima checkin out the new meteor shower thats happening TONITE!

Im torn, should I just stay up until 2am or go to bed early and get up at 3am?

Bought and made an excellent ham for our first Easter feast that my wife and I hosted at Paulina's one year. I think we used Alton Brown's Bourbon Gingersnap Crusted Ham recipe.

Heading down to Southern IL to visit in-laws -- something different...

Are you in central time zone? Peak activity is supposed to be from 1-3am central, 2-4am ET.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2014/06may_newshower/

Yep, central.

Regarding peak times, since this is a new shower, the experts are making an educated guess. Generally speaking, the best times for shower gazing are the hours before sunrise or anytime you have a beer in your hand and are able to look up.

Heading to O'Hare tomorrow afternoon to pick up our Marine son. He's been overseas for about 2 years now (thankfully, not in a hostile area).  So looking forward to having him home for a couple of weeks.  I've been stocking up on a bunch of local beers and I hope we (including his brothers and the rest of the family) can carve out some time to just sit, sample, and catch up.

In the meantime, we have a couple of high school graduation parties to attend AND continuing the prep work for our last high school graduation and party the following weekend.

Kind of an eventful start of summer for us.  

Yep, central.

Regarding peak times, since this is a new shower, the experts are making an educated guess. Generally speaking, the best times for shower gazing are the hours before sunrise or anytime you have a beer in your hand and are able to look up.

I'm just saying, if you get up at 3am, the show might be over. Maybe, maybe not.

Omar would be out there at midnight. 

I'm just saying, if you get up at 3am, the show might be over. Maybe, maybe not.

Omar would be out there at midnight. 

Its all good.