what's the most you've ever spent on a concert ticket?

the Neil/Dylan thread got me thinking about this question... this is just what you paid, not ancillary costs like transportation to the gig (ie, if you flew somewhere to see a band), and festivals don't count either. talking single gigs.

i think actually Wilco is my highest...paid about $100 per ticket back in 2002. i hadn't seen wilco yet and the wife and i decided to splurge for front row tickets via some ebay reseller. definitely worth it.

i also paid some guy $150 (face value) for a ticket to see Neil Young and Bert Jansch solo. i had a photo pass but no ticket, and decided i wanted to see the show as well, rather than just two songs. this was a couple of years ago.

The Who tickets were kinda pricey too...maybe $125 per ticket? this was for the Quadrophenia tour. again, no regrets.

Pretty sure I paid $275 via ebay for a pair of seats front row center to see My Morning Jacket at Chastain Amphitheater in Atlanta back in 2010.  Worth every penny.  My wife was eight months pregnant and it was great for her to be able to sit down for most of the show and still have an awesome view.

Maybe 50 bucks, dont remember who. My general rule is if a ticket is over $25, I dont bother. I considered bending that rule to see Neil Youngs upcoming Chicago show but decided not to.

I think I paid something like $125 for VIP tickets to the Replacements reunion show at Riot Fest in Toronto last summer because I thought I was too old to deal with a festival crowd...especially THAT festival crowd. It was worth it.

$50? $75?

Something like that.

I don't go to too many big shows anymore. Hate the big crowds and they ARE so expensive.

I paid $250 for floor seats (center, maybe 10 rows back) for Bruce Springsteen in DC around 2000--the E Street reunion tour, and I paid about the same amount for the Stones in Charlottesville in 2005 or 2006--again, good seats. I have to say, though, that neither one of these shows rivaled earlier shows by both of them way back in the day before they were so huge. There are not many artists I would pay that much to see anymore, and especially not in an enormadome.

I'm not counting the living room show. That was by far the most I've ever spent, and it was worth every penny.

I paid $525 (face value) for a single ticket to see the Who in Los Angeles about a dozen years ago. I was looking to buy 3 cheaper tickets for myself, my son and my friend, but when the online sale began I checked for a single ticket and drew one in the front row, so I bought it. My son and my friend ended up about 80 rows behind me.

I was just about the only non-celeb in our little roped-off area. I sat next to members of Kiss, Anthrax, Chili Peppers, Ashley Judd, John Cusack and the guy who knocked up Liz Hurley. (He was with a Baywatch girl.)

I paid $525 (face value) for a single ticket to see the Who in Los Angeles about a dozen years ago. I was looking to buy 3 cheaper tickets for myself, my son and my friend, but when the online sale began I checked for a single ticket and drew one in the front row, so I bought it. My son and my friend ended up about 80 rows behind me.

I was just about the only non-celeb in our little roped-off area. I sat next to members of Kiss, Anthrax, Chili Peppers, Ashley Judd, John Cusack and the guy who knocked up Liz Hurley. (He was with a Baywatch girl.)

Fun..did you have any hearing left after the show???

Fun..did you have any hearing left after the show???

It wasn't nearly as loud as their show I saw in Orlando in 1982. I was in the stands at the far end of the stadium and I still wound up with ringing ears for days.

I paid $99 for the Americanarama tour last summer. That's way more than I'd usually pay for a single concert, but I wasn't going to miss Wilco or MMJ.

When artists (and it's always artists who are already obscenely wealthy) start charging hundreds of dollars for tickets, I lose all respect for them. It's a slap in the face of the people who've supported them for years, or even decades. The irony is that by the time they get to the point of overcharging, their creative peak is long past.