• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I understand, Tweedy (solo) and Wilco have been playing WTA songs, but not releasing the tunes on their Roadcase releases.

What he said. Performing them live isn't the issue, but releasing them for purchase is...

It was feb 15, 1997 irving plaza NYC

At least the one they caught on tape. I thought I recalled reading in Greg Kot's book that it happened on more than one occasion on the Being There tour...

• 2 months later...

It's now officially summer, and the only Wilco on the calendar for the rest of the year remains their two appearances at Lockn' Festival the first weekend in September.  It's been mentioned before, but I'm now beginning to think it's very strange that these are the only two Wilco dates, as if they're dropping in from another planet just for this festival.  Even more so with today's announcement of Tweedy's European tour in November with tickets on sale this Friday.  Looking more and more to me that there will be no other Wilco in the fall other than Lockn'.    Maybe even for the rest of the year.  They must be getting paid well to show up in Virginia.

My oh my, how things can change.  I was all gloomy when I opened this topic on June 23, even though I was going to Lockn' and would see Wilco 2x there.  But those would be non-headlining festival sets, and I was jonesing for some full out Wilco shows and more Wilco music.  Since starting this thread, I got to see the 2 Wilco sets at Lockn', a fantastic Tweedy show at Berklee in Boston, and one Evening With show in Portchester.  Wilco came through with a fall tour, 3 nights in Portchester (and the Roadcase releases), and now Winterlude starting tonight (with a free audio stream) preceded by last night's show in Milwaukee.  And we got Sukierae and Alpha Mike Foxtrot. All in all, 2014 turning out to be a pretty good Wilco year.