• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Bruce whips them into shape and they rehearse.  That's been the issue with all the incarnations, being under-rehearsed and lack of seasoning.  Furthur was kind of getting there, but they still suffered from sluggish tempos.  I would much rather see DSO than this.  However, this could turn out to be amazing.  If so, I hope they do some nice editing and put out a nice CD/DVD package.  Will be interesting.  If anything, please let Bruce sing all the Jerry tunes!

:lol

Really. Freaking six-night Wilco residence? I've gotta truck all over Florida, making 6-hour roundtrip treks, just to catch 3 shows. I mean, wtf.

But that is because you live in the cultural wasteland that is Florida. Seriously, I wonder why more bands don't schedule Florida shows in the dead of winter - Chicago and the like can be bone-chilling Dec-March. Oh, and everything seems like a 6 hour round trip in Florida.

But that is because you live in the cultural wasteland that is Florida. Seriously, I wonder why more bands don't schedule Florida shows in the dead of winter - Chicago and the like can be bone-chilling Dec-March. Oh, and everything seems like a 6 hour round trip in Florida.

I read a while back that Tampa Bay is a "tertiary" market. Pretty low priority. Still, Florida in general has gotten some great shows over the years that I have enjoyed: everything from big name acts like Paul McCartney and Elton to bands like The Beach Boys (with Brian Wilson) to Wilco to solo singer-writer types like Bruce Cockburn and Patti Larkin. I really expect more people to start coming down in the winter as they get older (e.g., Billy Joel, who is taking a break from his MSG schedule to play Florida this month).

"There will be a general admission pit directly in front of the stage ($99.50).  Reserved tickets range from $59.50-$199.50."

Not bad, I guess.

GDTSTOO now lists prices as such:

"Reserved tickets are available for $215.50 and $95.50.  A limited number of General Admission tickets are available for $115.50.  (Ticket prices include a commemorative ticket)."

That's cool that a ticket is included...

Another variation of the Sans Garcians....

"last ever performance together" likely could be interpreted as the specific lineup including Trey...

three nights at soldier field for at least $100 / ticket ($200 for better seat)...if they sell out one of the shows I'll be surprised...

Good for them though....50 years is a long time...

Pretty clearly billed as the core four's last shows together. Also the first time since 95 they've been billed as the Grateful Dead. Given that, should bring people in from all over the country making a sell out likely, by scalpers at least even if the place isn't full. 

Seems the four decided it had to be Trey, and Phil wrote him a letter requesting him to do it. Love him or hate him, he's no Jerry clone and will bring a lot of needed energy to this group. 

http://youtu.be/Dv6Iw4Zm168

It's billed as the Grateful Dead on ticketmaster. Seems like they try to avoid directly calling themselves the GD it in the official announcement, have it both ways, but I think they brought in Trixie Garcia to make the video announcement to kind of give the Garcia family blessing for using the GD moniker.