Wilco extends its 20th Anniversary tour to the South.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time Wilco played JF, there were no night shows or band members sitting in with anyone as i recall. Wilco came, conquered and moved on.

Even without any night shows or sit ins Wilco at Jazzfest is better than no Wilco at all. I love that festival. Greatest diversity of acts of any festival and the early finish gives you so many opportunities to see so much at night as well. Whatever they decide works for me. If they don't play in NOLA I'll try to catch them somewhere else (and still go to Jazzfest  :) ).

Yeah, both weekends at the Fairgrounds would never happen.  Was happy to see them there in 2011 (or was it '12?).  A festival set is never as satisfying as a full blown headlining show, but since I'm going anyway, might as well have Wilco on the Acura stage.  I don't see how they could play one of the smaller clubs at night.  Could you imagine them in the Maple Leaf, or Howlin' Wolf?  Folks would be hanging from the rafters.  The place I'd like to see them at for a JazzFest night show is the Mahalia Jackson Theater.  Saw Mule there in '13, love the venue (and one of the best Mule shows I've ever seen, almost all covers).  That's my #1 wish for Wilco and JazzFest.

haha I'd be impressed if all 6 guys could fit on the stage at the maple leaf, but Mahalia Jackson would be cool. I'd bet they play civic or tipitina's though.

That was painless. 2 tickets each for St. Augustine and Orlando. Whoot!

Scored 2 PIT tickets in St. Agustine...anyone know how big the PIT is, and how many people they allow in?

I've only been to the amphitheatre when the pit section had seats. I think there are maybe 5 to 10 rows? There is some room.

In case any Dallas locals don't get through on pre-sale. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/1535101920082891/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

We are going to beat the bots and kick it old school. 

Wilco, Tony Margherita Management, and AEG Live SW have given us the opportunity to sell to you, the loyal Wilco fan, tickets BEFORE they go on sale the general public on Friday 12/19 to their show which is Wednesday April 22, 2015 on the Southern Methodist University campus at the lovely McFarlin Auditorium (which now I might add sells beer & wine by the way.)

THE DEETS:
Thursday December 18, 2014
10am
Good Records
1808 Greenville Ave.
Dallas, TX 75206
(4 ticket limit per person-cash only-$49.50 a ticket)

We will have 100 (great seats, 2nd only to the band's fan club) to sell to you with NO SERVICE CHARGE. 

The only catches are it will be cash only and you will have to interact with humans rather than buying online. (Hell you might even buy someone an LP for Xmas while you are here.)

Any idea of what the seating is like at that venue? I got Section 102, Row B. I guess it sounds like the second row, but is there a standing/GA area in front?

we just saw a seated show there (Ryan Adams) and there was no standing section in front.  98% of the shows I've seen there were general admission downstairs and all seated in the balconies, but apparently they've starting having more seated shows downstairs.  So you should be second row, center section.  It's one of Houston's better venues.  Seen Wilco there twice I believe (it used to be Verizon Wireless).

we just saw a seated show there (Ryan Adams) and there was no standing section in front.  98% of the shows I've seen there were general admission downstairs and all seated in the balconies, but apparently they've starting having more seated shows downstairs.  So you should be second row, center section.

Thanks for the info; I'm looking forward to the show. I think my friend was at that Ryan Adams concert.

Are there any decent beer bars in the area? My only experience in downtown Houston was an Aston Villa football match last summer and we wound up at the Flying Saucer. Looking at the map, I guess it's not too far to walk if there's nothing closer/better.

One of the benefits of living in a state with a shitty music scene (Florida) is that tickets are very easy to obtain. Pit tickets still available in St. Augustine.

Also, based on the seating map, the PIT only holds 146 people...

That's good information for those that can take advantage of a Great Opportunity

Thnx for sharing

One of the benefits of living in a state with a shitty music scene (Florida) is that tickets are very easy to obtain. Pit tickets still available in St. Augustine.

Also, based on the seating map, the PIT only holds 146 people...

459 in the pit, according to this. Still sounds pretty cozy...or pretty sweaty. YMMV

http://staugamp.sjcvenues.com/p17-venue-specifications.aspx