Wilco extends its 20th Anniversary tour to the South.

i had this little converstation on the Bass Hall facebook page the other day, hopefully it will come to be a reality...

Hey, gang, what concert or Broadway show do you want us to bring to Bass Hall this year?

Like ·  · Share
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually prefer second weekend as well, but I'll have to break with tradition. 

Jazzfest site lists the fest as 11 AM to 7 PM. Is that correct? Wilco will be done by 7? I am flying in and trying to figure out how late it is possible to arrive.

The Heritage Fair takes place at the Fair Grounds Race Course, centrally located at 1751 Gentilly Boulevard, 10 minutes from the French Quarter. Hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Jazzfest site lists the fest as 11 AM to 7 PM. Is that correct? Wilco will be done by 7? I am flying in and trying to figure out how late it is possible to arrive.

The Heritage Fair takes place at the Fair Grounds Race Course, centrally located at 1751 Gentilly Boulevard, 10 minutes from the French Quarter. Hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.

That's right. Festival ends at 7pm every day. There are usually shows in the venues around town every night that start at 9 or later, so you can actually attend the festival AND the night shows. It's a great set up.

That's right. Festival ends at 7pm every day. There are usually shows in the venues around town every night that start at 9 or later, so you can actually attend the festival AND the night shows. It's a great set up.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I am happy that there is still no word. I haven't been hoping for Steve Gunn, I've been hoping for no one.

Nothing beats "An Evening With Wilco" show. When they do those, don't they usually announce it as such?Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, as far as I know. Although that was what they called the show last Ocober in Raleigh, and it turns out there was no opener because there was a wedding at the venue and there just wasn't enough time. It was pretty much a standard show, time-wise.

I know I've said this on this board before, but not seeing the 2010(?) tour where they did the 3- hour shows, the true "Evening With," is one of my biggest regrets!

Yeah, as far as I know. Although that was what they called the show last Ocober in Raleigh, and it turns out there was no opener because there was a wedding at the venue and there just wasn't enough time. It was pretty much a standard show, time-wise.

I know I've said this on this board before, but not seeing the 2010(?) tour where they did the 3- hour shows, the true "Evening With," is one of my biggest regrets!

I caught the Providence show at Lupo's on that tour and it was incredible… very memorable and one of the top shows I've ever seen 

• 2 weeks later...

so I told you not to get your hopes up. As I expected a Georgia band by the name of Royal Thunder is playing the Southern dates. Their webise states that they are a mix of hard rock and modern metal. not all that interested. Looks like I can show up to the venue a little bit later then originally anticipated.

so I told you not to get your hopes up. As I expected a Georgia band by the name of Royal Thunder is playing the Southern dates. Their webise states that they are a mix of hard rock and modern metal. not all that interested. Looks like I can show up to the venue a little bit later then originally anticipated.

Yes, I agree. The description is making me expect deja vu from Asheville in 2005. Rose Hill Drive was the opener. My buddy and I got to our seats just as they took the stage. They looked like a mix of hard rock and metal stereotypes. Before we sat down, they opened with a power chord and my pal said, "That's enough. We're going back to the bar and I'm buying". So that's what we did. We returned for one of the best Wilco shows I've ever attended.