Wilco extends its 20th Anniversary tour to the South.

22 Apr 2015 / Dallas, TX / McFarlin Memorial Auditorium 
Presale: Wed., 12/17 @ 10am CT 
On sale: Fri., 12/19 @ 10am CT

23 Apr 2015 / Houston, TX / Bayou Music Center 
Presale: Wed., 12/17 @ 10am CT 
On sale: Fri., 12/19 @ 12pm CT

26 Apr 2015 / Tallahassee, FL / Capital City Amphitheater 
Presale: Wed., 12/17 @ 10am ET 
On sale: Fri., 12/19 @ 12pm ET

28 Apr 2015 / Orlando, FL / Hard Rock Live Orlando 
On sale: Fri., 12/19 @ 10am ET

01 May 2015 / St. Augustine, FL / St. Augustine Amphitheatre 
On sale: Fri., 12/19 @ 10am ET

http://wilcoworld.net/#!/shows/

Not SOUTH America (yet) but I have good memories of Florida ;)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This basically makes it almost certain they'll be at Jazzfest in NO, probably both weekends.

Would love that…especially if they do a nighttime "full show" gig at one of the clubs downtown. Saw them at fest a few years back at the fairgrounds - but even the main stage shows are so short (of course Phish somehow did a full show at the fairgrounds - overrated imo).

I screw up presale every time.  What's the trick? I'm subscribed to wilcoworld, but seem to miss the presale email...

No trick, really. Sign up for an account on Frontgate, which you link to through Wilcoworld Shows tab. At about 9:45, log onto Frontgate and sign in to your account. Then just keep hitting refresh every couple mins til the tix go on sale. And have your credit card handy! I've had pretty consistent luck getting good-- not always great, though-- seats.

This basically makes it almost certain they'll be at Jazzfest in NO, probably both weekends.

It's pretty rare that anybody plays both weekends. Even local fixtures like Allan Toussaint and Irma Thomas play only one weekend...but I'm game if they are :-)

It's pretty rare that anybody plays both weekends. Even local fixtures like Allan Toussaint and Irma Thomas play only one weekend...but I'm game if they are :-)

Oh, I just assumed that when it went to two weekends that bands would play both and tour the the week in between. But maybe that's not what Jazzfest does. Haven't been down there in a few years...

hey guys...it's been awhile since I bought tickest form Front Gate...

Where does the acutal "buy now" link appear? on Wilco's "Shows" website? Or on Front Gate's WIlco page?

I have a Front Gate account already, just need to know what site I should be F5ing tomorrow morning.

thanks,

No trick, really. Sign up for an account on Frontgate, which you link to through Wilcoworld Shows tab. At about 9:45, log onto Frontgate and sign in to your account. Then just keep hitting refresh every couple mins til the tix go on sale. And have your credit card handy! I've had pretty consistent luck getting good-- not always great, though-- seats.

I don't see a place to log on to Front Gate.  I thought you just log on to the wilco front gate thingie here

Very true Sandy…usually one or the other. What I would give to see them play a evening gig at Tips, The Maple Leaf or Howlin' Wolf? Any club for that matter. I loved seeing them at the fairgorunds in 2011- but it's impossible for the band to get into the flow of a show when the stage time is so limited. But the nighttime shows during jazziest are the real deal.

Very true Sandy…usually one or the other. What I would give to see them play a evening gig at Tips, The Maple Leaf or Howlin' Wolf? Any club for that matter. I loved seeing them at the fairgorunds in 2011- but it's impossible for the band to get into the flow of a show when the stage time is so limited. But the nighttime shows during jazziest are the real deal.

Yeah, both weekends at the Fairgrounds would never happen.  Was happy to see them there in 2011 (or was it '12?).  A festival set is never as satisfying as a full blown headlining show, but since I'm going anyway, might as well have Wilco on the Acura stage.  I don't see how they could play one of the smaller clubs at night.  Could you imagine them in the Maple Leaf, or Howlin' Wolf?  Folks would be hanging from the rafters.  The place I'd like to see them at for a JazzFest night show is the Mahalia Jackson Theater.  Saw Mule there in '13, love the venue (and one of the best Mule shows I've ever seen, almost all covers).  That's my #1 wish for Wilco and JazzFest.

The Howlin' Wolf is my favorite! That would be my dream venue for them. 

Yeah, both weekends at the Fairgrounds would never happen.  Was happy to see them there in 2011 (or was it '12?).  A festival set is never as satisfying as a full blown headlining show, but since I'm going anyway, might as well have Wilco on the Acura stage.  I don't see how they could play one of the smaller clubs at night.  Could you imagine them in the Maple Leaf, or Howlin' Wolf?  Folks would be hanging from the rafters.  The place I'd like to see them at for a JazzFest night show is the Mahalia Jackson Theater.  Saw Mule there in '13, love the venue (and one of the best Mule shows I've ever seen, almost all covers).  That's my #1 wish for Wilco and JazzFest.

I agree. Seeing your favorite band at a festival is never that satisfying, but in New Orleans there is a lot of potential for either a night show or band members sitting in with various acts. If they play, I hope it's on the Gentilly Stage. Less distance between the stage and the crowd and a smaller VIP area. I haven't been to the Mahalia Jackson Theater but would love to check it out. 

The Howlin' Wolf is my favorite! That would be my dream venue for them.

I agree. Seeing your favorite band at a festival is never that satisfying, but in New Orleans there is a lot of potential for either a night show or band members sitting in with various acts. If they play, I hope it's on the Gentilly Stage. Less distance between the stage and the crowd and a smaller VIP area. I haven't been to the Mahalia Jackson Theater but would love to check it out.

Last time Wilco played JF, there were no night shows or band members sitting in with anyone as i recall. Wilco came, conquered and moved on.