Wilco extends its 20th Anniversary tour to the South.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news for anyone who bought tickets (as I did) in the General Admission section for Capital City: that is not a pit, it's in the back. There is no pit area in front, just seats. I screwed that one up and inadvertently got tickets in the back...it will no doubt be the farthest back I have ever been for a Wilco show. :(

Thanks for the info; I'm looking forward to the show. I think my friend was at that Ryan Adams concert.

Are there any decent beer bars in the area? My only experience in downtown Houston was an Aston Villa football match last summer and we wound up at the Flying Saucer. Looking at the map, I guess it's not too far to walk if there's nothing closer/better.

I don't drink so I'm not up on the downtown scene much, but the area where the venue is has a few restaurants/bars as well as a Hard Rock.  I'll ask around.  

Yeah, both weekends at the Fairgrounds would never happen.  Was happy to see them there in 2011 (or was it '12?).  A festival set is never as satisfying as a full blown headlining show, but since I'm going anyway, might as well have Wilco on the Acura stage.  I don't see how they could play one of the smaller clubs at night.  Could you imagine them in the Maple Leaf, or Howlin' Wolf?  Folks would be hanging from the rafters.  The place I'd like to see them at for a JazzFest night show is the Mahalia Jackson Theater.  Saw Mule there in '13, love the venue (and one of the best Mule shows I've ever seen, almost all covers).  That's my #1 wish for Wilco and JazzFest.

Last time Wilco played JF, there were no night shows or band members sitting in with anyone as i recall. Wilco came, conquered and moved on

Depends on scheduling of course. I would take any venue at night. The last time they played JF Lucinda Williams played there too and the night before (I believe) her fairgrounds set she played the House of Blues. When Wilco last played JF iin 2011 they had a gig the night before in Mobile and one the day after in Houston, so the timing just wasn't there for a NOLA night show.

According to WilcoBase the last time they played Tips was in 2008, House of Blues last in 2007, and Howlin' Wolf back in 2000.

Depends on scheduling of course. I would take any venue at night. The last time they played JF Lucinda Williams played there too and the night before (I believe) her fairgrounds set she played the House of Blues. When Wilco last played JF iin 2011 they had a gig the night before in Mobile and one the day after in Houston, so the timing just wasn't there for a NOLA night show.

According to WilcoBase the last time they played Tips was in 2008, House of Blues last in 2007, and Howlin' Wolf back in 2000.

I was at that Lucinda show at HOB. The Friday night of second weekend. Charlie Sexton sat in. I have some good photos.

Bad news for anyone who bought tickets (as I did) in the General Admission section for Capital City: that is not a pit, it's in the back. There is no pit area in front, just seats. I screwed that one up and inadvertently got tickets in the back...it will no doubt be the farthest back I have ever been for a Wilco show. :(

The first couple of times I put in for seats it put me in Row G. I went back after getting Orlando and St. Augustine tickets and it gave me Row A about 5 minutes later. 

In case any Dallas locals don't get through on pre-sale. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/1535101920082891/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

We are going to beat the bots and kick it old school. 

Wilco, Tony Margherita Management, and AEG Live SW have given us the opportunity to sell to you, the loyal Wilco fan, tickets BEFORE they go on sale the general public on Friday 12/19 to their show which is Wednesday April 22, 2015 on the Southern Methodist University campus at the lovely McFarlin Auditorium (which now I might add sells beer & wine by the way.)

THE DEETS:

Thursday December 18, 2014

10am

Good Records

1808 Greenville Ave.

Dallas, TX 75206

(4 ticket limit per person-cash only-$49.50 a ticket)

We will have 100 (great seats, 2nd only to the band's fan club) to sell to you with NO SERVICE CHARGE. 

The only catches are it will be cash only and you will have to interact with humans rather than buying online. (Hell you might even buy someone an LP for Xmas while you are here.)

Well I got up at 6am for this, drove an hour and a half to Good Records through Dallas rush hour and waited another hour in line for this.  And while I sincerely do appreciate the gesture because this is a very cool move, the tickets that were available were not as advertised.  They aren't "great seats, second only to the band's fan club" at all.  Every ticket was up in the balcony.  I grabbed a pair just to be safe since it's a small venue, but I'm going to try tomorrow morning for something closer on the floor.

Also a big shout out to the scalpers in line leaving actual fans in the back going home empty handed.

Pretty weak overall.

scored three tickets first row in center section for houston. taking my 11 year old. been begging to see a Wilco show for years. april can't get here soon enough.

I hope none of you are extremely tall nor fond of large hats or afros, since I might be sitting behind you in the second row. I think I have seats 10 and 11, but I don't know how close that comes to the center of the section.

Well I got up at 6am for this, drove an hour and a half to Good Records through Dallas rush hour and waited another hour in line for this.  And while I sincerely do appreciate the gesture because this is a very cool move, the tickets that were available were not as advertised.  They aren't "great seats, second only to the band's fan club" at all.  Every ticket was up in the balcony.  I grabbed a pair just to be safe since it's a small venue, but I'm going to try tomorrow morning for something closer on the floor.

Also a big shout out to the scalpers in line leaving actual fans in the back going home empty handed.

Pretty weak overall.

well that's lame.

I would like to congratulate the Dallas bots!  You shut me out of the presale on Wednesday and now you've pulled off the sweep.  Not a single fucking ticket was available either through the presale or from Ticketmaster at the regular public sale... and I started trying at the very first second of the sale.  Not even balcony seats. Looks like I'll be making some secondary market seller's Christmas a couple hundred bucks nicer this year.  Assholes.

I would like to congratulate the Dallas bots!  You shut me out of the presale on Wednesday and now you've pulled off the sweep.  Not a single fucking ticket was available either through the presale or from Ticketmaster at the regular public sale... and I started trying at the very first second of the sale.  Not even balcony seats. Looks like I'll be making some secondary market seller's Christmas a couple hundred bucks nicer this year.  Assholes.

The same thing happened to me. Ugh.

i got the same results! Either Wilco is getting more popular around here or ticketmaster sucks more then i have always known!  

I hope none of you are extremely tall nor fond of large hats or afros, since I might be sitting behind you in the second row. I think I have seats 10 and 11, but I don't know how close that comes to the center of the section.

elevated stage, so you should be ok.  Or just stand and make the people behind you angry enough to throw a fit and start a thread here. 

i got the same results! Either Wilco is getting more popular around here or ticketmaster sucks more then i have always known!

I think it's a combination of both, but have faith in your fellow board members here.

I have gotten some tix to a few sold out Wilco shows here by other members.

I think it's a combination of both, but have faith in your fellow board members here.

I have gotten some tix to a few sold out Wilco shows here by other members.

i already had a pair from a friend in the presale on the 6th row so i'm good. I was just trying to get some for some other friends that aren't so good at the getting tickets as i have been known to be. It's the first time i have ever been shut out in both pre and regular sales for any show i have wanted to go to!  :dontgetit

BTW ticketmaster is letting you pick your own seats now 2 hours after general sales, and it shows only 20 scattered singles mostly in the third balcony up for grabs. There are about 250 seats on stubhub so i don't think the scalpers had a lot to do with the quick sale. I just think people are starting to figure out Wilco is a bad ass band! SMU does have some pretty smart people roaming that campus not to mention the band has not played around here in a number of years.

• 2 weeks later...

So did any VCers manage to get tickets for Dallas? I was shut out of the FrontGate presale, a radio station presale, and the TicketMaster regular sale. Both Wilcoworld and TicketMaster are saying the show is sold out. I'm wondering what the chances are of another release of tickets closer to the date of the show...