Tweedy doing another U.S. leg; Santa Fe, NM in late March

Anybody able to get Portland tix?

F5'd from 9:55 until the "Purchase" button popped up. Never an option on the drop-down to buy more than one ticket, despite the "4 tickets max" message, and every single time, from 9:59 on, I got a message saying "We were not able to find any tickets in that section." Either they sold out before 10am or the page is just borked.

Just wondering if anyone else had better luck.

I did, but it took a solid half hour and a friend on another computer to do so. I got logged out a few times, too. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to snag 2 tickets to Denver - Orchestra Right, Row B, which I believe is the front row for that section. I've never been to the venue so maybe someone else can confirm.

I don't mean this as a complaint, but the ticket prices for this show did surprise me: 2 tickets plus fees = $133.

What's wrong with me? I'm actually looking forward to standing in that line at the Vic. It's going to feel like old home week, hopefully just a bit warmer than for the solo shows last year. See you all there!

Diane, you should just go ahead and move to Chicago at this point.  It would probably be cheaper and easier than "vacationing" here multiple times a year, even over the winter!  It is practically your second home already.

What's wrong with me? I'm actually looking forward to standing in that line at the Vic. It's going to feel like old home week, hopefully just a bit warmer than for the solo shows last year. See you all there!

I don't see how it could possibly be as cold as last year. Not a lot of people super early last year at night 2 of the benefit shows. We wussed out and showed up maybe 1 hour before doors were supposed to open (I think they ended up having mercy and opening them sooner), and the line was relatively short. Not even to the alley.

Yes, very surprising if they're not selling out Chicago. Is it maybe that it's a larger theater than other shows? I haven't done any research comparing theater sizes--just speculating. Or maybe because it's a 2-night stand? But honestly, that is weird given that they're weekend shows especially.

The Vic is  smaller than the Riv, bigger than the Park West.  I am guessing the recent December run has satisfied the Tweedy bug for people in Chicago.

I am skipping the shows -- but I have been skipping lots of shows over the past year or so.

Interesting that Tweedy did not sell out in Chicago, LA or San Fran. Solo shows almost certainly would sell out, right?

The solo shows at The Fillmore sold out in about half an hour last time. Tweedy played in SF in Oct at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass. Maybe people feel like they got their fix then?

Maybe people just don't connect the dots? Like they have alerts set up for Wilco and Jeff Tweedy but this is under the radar? Too bad for those missing out if so. I have thoroughly enjoyed the Tweedy band shows I've seen and am really looking forward to seeing hometown shows in March.

I am not surprised that the Tweedy shows have not sold out in markets they have already played in. I saw two Tweedy shows last summer and passed on a third three months later that was 20 minutes from my house. I did so because the two shows I saw were pretty much the same, and the third was going to be pretty much the same as well. So I had seen it already. With only one album under their belts, there is not a great deal of variety in the set lists. And the Tweedy songs are not barn burners in a live setting, so I can imagine folks might not be as inclined to go back for a second time. That said, they could be adding some new (soon to be released?) songs to this run, so that could be intriguing.

Interesting that Tweedy did not sell out in Chicago, LA or San Fran. Solo shows almost certainly would sell out, right?

Do the solo shows have less tickets than a normal Vic show? Since they have folding chairs out? Either way, I'm pretty surprised. I was expecting they'd be sold out after a weekend tops.