Tweedy doing another U.S. leg; Santa Fe, NM in late March

It looks like Tweedy is going to do one more swing through the U.S. in March before Wilco begins its pre-SOlid Sound Southern tour..

I stumbled across a listing at the ticketing service that handles shows for the Lensic Theatre here in Santa Fe, and they show a Tweedy show on March 26, with an on-sale date of January 10. I presume other dates in the tour will be announced soon, probably after the New Year.

http://tickets.ticketssantafe.org/single/EventDetail.aspx?p=1606

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Tweedy is going to do one more swing through the U.S. in March before Wilco begins its pre-SOlid Sound Southern tour..

I stumbled across a listing at the ticketing service that handles shows for the Lensic Theatre here in Santa Fe, and they show a Tweedy show on March 26, with an on-sale date of January 10. I presume other dates in the tour will be announced soon, probably after the New Year.

http://tickets.ticketssantafe.org/single/EventDetail.aspx?p=1606

Awesome!  See you there Ed!  

• 2 weeks later...

Not that I was feeling that bad for Chicago, considering the Winterlude six-pack explosion of Wilco 20th Anniversary shows, but... I knew you'd get your TWEEDY/Jeff Tweedy gig eventually...and now two, & with The Minus 5 opening no less. Sweet!!! As in Sweet Home Chicago!!!

What are everyone's thoughts on going to two nights in a row?

I'm assuming if it's the same format, the band set would be pretty similar, but we'll probably get a different solo set list both nights, right?

if you mean two nights at the same venue, like at the Vic, then my best guess would be yes. But who knows?

What are everyone's thoughts on going to two nights in a row?

I'm assuming if it's the same format, the band set would be pretty similar, but we'll probably get a different solo set list both nights, right?

He might vary the TWEEDY set by a song or two...Between Buffalo & Ithaca (a week apart) there were differences... unique to Buffalo- "Pigeons" & "Why, Why, Why" & "Please Don't Let Me Be So Understood" for encore... unique to Ithaca- "Honey Combed" & "Wait For Love" & "Jesus Wept" for encore...so you could have a few song minor variation...

Cross over for the acoustic set (12 songs in Ithaca...14 in Buffalo including a final acoustic encore) were 5 songs- "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart", "New Madrid", "Jessus Etc.", :The Ruling Class" & "I'm The Man Who Loves You"

My bet is there will be a couple songs of variation in the TWEEDY set & encores, & that you'll get a pretty different, maybe completely different, solo acoustic set each night.

He might vary the TWEEDY set by a song or two...Between Buffalo & Ithaca (a week apart) there were differences... unique to Buffalo- "Pigeons" & "Why, Why, Why" & "Please Don't Let Me Be So Understood" for encore... unique to Ithaca- "Honey Combed" & "Wait For Love" & "Jesus Wept" for encore...so you could have a few song minor variation...

Cross over for the acoustic set (12 songs in Ithaca...14 in Buffalo including a final acoustic encore) were 5 songs- "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart", "New Madrid", "Jessus Etc.", :The Ruling Class" & "I'm The Man Who Loves You"

My bet is there will be a couple songs of variation in the TWEEDY set & encores, & that you'll get a pretty different, maybe completely different, solo acoustic set each night.

Thanks so much, that's what I was hoping for.

Anybody able to get Portland tix?

F5'd from 9:55 until the "Purchase" button popped up. Never an option on the drop-down to buy more than one ticket, despite the "4 tickets max" message, and every single time, from 9:59 on, I got a message saying "We were not able to find any tickets in that section." Either they sold out before 10am or the page is just borked.

Just wondering if anyone else had better luck.