I'm not a Motorhead fan, but I did enjoy Maron's WTF interview with Lemmy about 6 weeks ago. If you're a fan, you should check out the podcast. RIP.

Ditto. Ace of Spades is the only song I know, but the guy was a trailblazer and lived life and made music on his own terms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a time when Lemmy's cell phone number was leaked. Strangers would call and he'd willingly talk to them. Several friends attest to this when a friend of mine demonstrated this on speakerphone. He called and said:

Is this Lemmy?

Yeah, who's this?

It's Neil, what are you doing?

I'm having a beer at the fuckin' bar. What are you doing, Neil?

There was a time when Lemmy's cell phone number was leaked. Strangers would call and he'd willingly talk to them. Several friends attest to this when a friend of mine demonstrated this on speakerphone. He called and said:

Is this Lemmy?

Yeah, who's this?

It's Neil, what are you doing?

I'm having a beer at the fuckin' bar. What are you doing, Neil?

that is awesome.

Awesome obit, from the Economist of all places.

Thank you. I appreciate you posting this. I doubt I would have read it otherwise and that would have been a shame. Thanks again.

• 2 months later...

Until today I never listened to Hawkwind, actually I never heard of them prior to Lemmy's death -- I was always assuming it was a heavy metal/hard rock band -- boy was I wrong.

Listened to Doremi Fasol Latido and their first one "Hawkwind".

Pretty good stuff.