• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diehard Cowboys fan, which was rough from about 1996-2015. Stuck in a hotel last night, watching the 'Boys beat the loathsome Giants was a real joy. Looking forward to seeing what they can do this year with that revamped D line.

My favorite team is the Bears and second is whomever is playing the Cowboys.

:headbonk 

:lol

what was the name of that book by the marquis de sade?

I dunno...everyone around me is also a life long Jets fan. It's just one of those things, right? You grow up with it, it comes from your family, etc. A friend of mine used to have season tickets, until the new stadium required seat licenses and he could no longer afford them. Their practice field is less than 10 miles from my house. :/

I dunno...everyone around me is also a life long Jets fan. It's just one of those things, right? You grow up with it, it comes from your family, etc. A friend of mine used to have season tickets, until the new stadium required seat licenses and he could no longer afford them. Their practice field is less than 10 miles from my house. :/

understood. i put up with a lot of bad years in Seattle. i was just teasing you. :)

The Chains. Man, if there's one stupid thing I hate in the NFL, it's those stupid chains.

Last night, late in the game, the Giants tried to keep a drive alive and went for it on 4th down. After a short pass, the receiver was stopped short of the first down, but got a very friendly spot, and they brought out the chains to see if the ball made it past the first down marker.

Yes, it did, just by the tip of the ball. 

Lions protested and reviewed the ball spot. 

After the review, the ref came out to say that the ball should have been spotted about a 1/2 yard short of where it ended up. So, they moved the ball back about 1 1/2 feet, AND THEN BROUGHT OUT THE CHAINS AGAIN TO MEASURE IF IT FELL SHORT. Uhh, guess what? It did! It did fall short of the first down marker. Do you know how I knew? Because the ref announced to everybody that he was moving the ball back a 1/2 yard. 

Why did they feel the need to measure it with the chains again? Why do they bother to measure it with the chains at all, ever? 

Top 5 teams, after Week 2?

1. Chiefs

2. Falcons

3. Patriots

4. Raiders

5. Steelers

it's early. this weekend against the Titans will be a test for my Seahawks. I'm officially worried. thank God we have a great D. my other team, the Raiders, are looking fantastic. there could be something magical going on there with Beast Mode bringing the extra oomph. fun so far!

How do the Pats rank above, say, Denver? At #3?? They were rolled by an awesome Chiefs team (at HOME) and had a decent game against a bottom-tier Saints team. Ridiculous.

Broncos defense is legit. And it is great. And they would cause problems for the Pats. And maybe, right now, the Broncos would beat them on any given Sunday.

But for me it's simple:

New England has Tom Brady & Bill Belichik.

Denver has some guy named Simien and a head coach who has 2 games of NFL head coaching experience.

Broncos defense is legit. And it is great. And they would cause problems for the Pats. And maybe, right now, the Broncos would beat them on any given Sunday.

But for me it's simple:

New England has Tom Brady & Bill Belichik.

Denver has some guy named Simien and a head coach who has 2 games of NFL head coaching experience.

I guess my point is that it isn't a realistic view of where teams stand after Week 2 (and I read the same /very similar ranking from SI). Projecting what Brady and/or Belichik can/might/will do has nothing to do with what has happened in the first 2 weeks, imo.

But, if teams can get ranked simply because of who is on their staff and not what they have actually done, it's a great list!

I guess my point is that it isn't a realistic view of where teams stand after Week 2 (and I read the same /very similar ranking from SI). Projecting what Brady and/or Belichik can/might/will do has nothing to do with what has happened in the first 2 weeks, imo.

But, if teams can get ranked simply because of who is on their staff and not what they have actually done, it's a great list!

If Denver played New England this weekend, and it was a 1st-Round playoff game, even if the game was in Denver, I'd guess Vegas would have New England at least a 4-point favorite.