A.M. Deluxe?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing on Rhino's website. And nothing from Wilco's camp. If there is an A.M. deluxe reissue forthcoming, we'll hear about it soon enough. A.M., BT and ST all got reissued on Nonesuch a while back when Wilco was still on Nonesuch. My prized possession in my LP collection is an original pressing of A.M. on Sire.

I assumed that any extra material from the AM/BT era was released on the Alpha Mike Foxtrot box set. Perhaps I assumed incorrectly? Could there really be more to hear? I didn't think Jeff was particularly interested in these types of releases, not being one to dwell on the past or devote energy to "archival" projects. But if there's unreleased goodies from the era coming, I'm on it!

There has to be some studio outtakes we've never heard. In Learning How To Die didn't John mention being disappointed when AM was released that only one of his songs was on it? I'm just trying to be hopeful!

Here's an Amazon listing for the AM CD (currently titled "1"). Being There vinyl (currently listed for 1LP). Being There 5CD. All listed for December 1 2017.

There has to be some studio outtakes we've never heard. In Learning How To Die didn't John mention being disappointed when AM was released that only one of his songs was on it? I'm just trying to be hopeful!

Here's an Amazon listing for the AM CD (currently titled "1"). Being There vinyl (currently listed for 1LP). Being There 5CD. All listed for December 1 2017.

That listing for Being There has to be incorrect. A single vinyl disc for $79.98? Obviously BT is already a 2 disc vinyl set. I figure there will be a BT release for $79.98, but it will be way more than a single vinyl. 

I'll be in for all of these.

That listing for Being There has to be incorrect. A single vinyl disc for $79.98? Obviously BT is already a 2 disc vinyl set. I figure there will be a BT release for $79.98, but it will be way more than a single vinyl. 

maybe Tweedy applied the Neil Young vinyl pricing to this one.

If there are a couple of officially remastered/remixed live shows from the AM/BT era, I'd love that. As in Kicking Television sound quality, that is, if any of those old shows were ever recorded on multitrack. I have a ton of the old SBDs from 1995-1997 and most of them are pretty decent, but I'd be a total sucker for an official release.

Yeah, since the standard version is a double album, I imagine this is the 4LP version Marijn posted about and Amazon hasn't fixed the page because it's just a placeholder. Amazon.ca had Bob Dylan's new boxset listed as Rouble No More for a few days but they fixed it when they officially listed it with a price, picture, details, and making it available. 

Here's a description from the Steve Hoffman Music Forum:

This album features a Deluxe Boxset 5-CD and a Deluxe 4-LP set consisting of the original album with 15 previously released demos, recordings and Never heard songs, Live At The Troubadour '96 + Live a KCRW '96. In addition, the deluxe editions contain liners from music critic Steve Hyden and the original single Outta site (Outta Mind).

If this is accurate, sounds pretty cool!

For the record, that's translated from Dutch so I'm assuming it means 15 previous unreleased demos. Because marketing something as previously released isn't great sale incentive. 

Excellent news! A nice early birthday present.

Look at all of those tracks that we've never heard of. Someone (Jeff?) mentioned recently that Capitol City was around for a long time. Awesome that it will be in this set.

Plus, that live version of Misunderstood should be like one of those early extended jams from the Nov 27th, 1996 pro shot video. I hope!

For the record, that's translated from Dutch so I'm assuming it means 15 previous unreleased demos. Because marketing something as previously released isn't great sale incentive.

As a native Dutchy, I can confirm this is correct. 15 unreleased demos.

Interesting that some of those songs never made it to trading circles - 

Myrna Lee is a great song (John wrote it). We know the song from the Blue Mountain album Home Grown. I always figured there was a Wilco version around somewhere.