A.M. Deluxe?

Let's Hear it for Rock and Roll

I bet. The YHF will probably be the most elaborate and best selling I would think. 

Yeah, that's it. 

YHF will be interesting given the demos that did come out from that. Venus Stop the Train, Not For This Season etc.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they will end up including a dvd with out takes from the film (if they actually do a YHF box).

I have pretty much given up on buying box sets or re-issues. But I think I will actually listen to these Wilco re-issues.

If it's recorded well it would be cool if the Troubadour show would come out on vinyl for Record Store Day Black Friday or something like that.  Also, I'm pretty surprised and disappointed that there is no mention of a digital download.  I was also surprised about no download included in the Tweedy solo record.  I hope Wilco isn't abandoning these.  

My iMac doesn't have a CD drive, which just goes to show that discs are rapidly going the way of the dinosaur. For those interested in a digital-only release, the A.M. Deluxe will be on iTunes for $11.99 and Being There Deluxe for $24.99.

Yeah I got a MacBook Air last year and didn't think of it when I bought it that I won't have a way to copy CDs anymore, but it really hasn't been an issue. 

If it's recorded well it would be cool if the Troubadour show would come out on vinyl for Record Store Day Black Friday or something like that.  Also, I'm pretty surprised and disappointed that there is no mention of a digital download.  I was also surprised about no download included in the Tweedy solo record.  I hope Wilco isn't abandoning these.  

That's an extremely good idea!

Also, I'm pretty surprised and disappointed that there is no mention of a digital download.

My guess is that they're figuring two things:

1) CD buyers will rip the discs to iTunes or whatnot to have digital files.

2) Digital only buyers will get them from iTunes.

I don't really blame them for not mentioning digital downloads, if that's the case. I searched for both releases in the iTunes store, and the pricing I found makes the (cheaper) digital downloads appealing to me. I'm not buying too many CDs these days either.

My guess is that they're figuring two things:

1) CD buyers will rip the discs to iTunes or whatnot to have digital files.

2) Digital only buyers will get them from iTunes.

I don't really blame them for not mentioning digital downloads, if that's the case. I searched for both releases in the iTunes store, and the pricing I found makes the (cheaper) digital downloads appealing to me. I'm not buying too many CDs these days either.

But they are ignoring the people paying double for the vinyl. It's kind of crazy that there are no downloads available with the vinyl purchase. Which is part of why the price point of these vinyl sets are a little steep in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I preordered them. But to charge $80 for Being There and then not include the Troubadour set is a bit much.

The vinyl for AMF did not include the live tracks but did include a download for them (in addition to the other material that was included on the vinyl). That makes complete sense. I bought the OKNOTOK blue vinyl version at my local record store. I paid $38. That was for a three vinyl set including a handful of unreleased songs. And it came with a download card. I have no doubt that these deluxe versions will be very well done. I'm just seeing other bands release comparable sets for much less.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, Together At Last also did not include a download card. Someone was kind enough to send me the files. It just seems crazy that downloading the album is an option in the Wilco store. Why they couldn't offer that as a courtesy (something almost all new vinyl comes with) is beyond me.

The pricing for records is kind of all over the place these days. $80 is steep (especially when you convert it to Canadian) but it's on par with the Kicking Television and Alpha Mike Foxtrot boxsets, if AM/BT is as good of pressings as those boxsets, I'm fine with that. You're completely valid about the download code though.

EDIT: It could be worse, check out this Paul McCartney boxset of 8 LPs for $240. And only three of them are good!!  :blink

While we're complaining, where the heck is my Passenger Side download? Did anyone get one?? The website still says:

Preorder A.M. or Being There deluxe on CD or vinyl through the Wilco store and get a download of “Passenger Side (Live at the Troubadour)” tomorrow, October 13.

Yet I never got an e-mail nor is there a link under my downloadable products page on the Wilco Kung Fu site. 

• 1 month later...

The pricing for records is kind of all over the place these days. $80 is steep (especially when you convert it to Canadian) but it's on par with the Kicking Television and Alpha Mike Foxtrot boxsets, if AM/BT is as good of pressings as those boxsets, I'm fine with that. You're completely valid about the download code though.

EDIT: It could be worse, check out this Paul McCartney boxset of 8 LPs for $240. And only three of them are good!! :blink

While we're complaining, where the heck is my Passenger Side download? Did anyone get one?? The website still says:

Yet I never got an e-mail nor is there a link under my downloadable products page on the Wilco Kung Fu site.

My Passenger Side download links arrived in my inbox today along with a shipping confirmation for my CDs...

I just came back from picking up the deluxe editions at Bull Moose Records. The sales clerk told me that he was supposed to give me a Wilco pin with each cd, but they couldn't find them. I can go back this weekend and pick them up, if they ever find them. Did anyone else get pins?

For those that have already purchased, do the downloads include digital copies of the liner notes?  Or have those that purchased the physical discs found download codes.  Trying to decides which versions to get, thanks.

Jeff Tweedy And John Stirratt Explain How Wilco Became Wilco On ‘A.M.’ And ‘Being There’

http://uproxx.com/music/the-celebration-rock-podcast-jeff-tweedy-john-stirratt-wilco/

Great conversation. Got a little awkward when he asked John about realizing he wasn't going to be much of a contributing songwriter to the band. Poor John, that was a tough question to field diplomatically, and diplomacy seems to be John's primary function (aside from being an endless source of melodic bass lines and nice vocal harmonies).

Piss it Away = Let's Not Get Carried Away? Has this been discussed?

Hesitation Rocks has some of the elements of it as well. Weird to see how many ideas were kicking around for so many years. The demo of Capitol City is so cool, I can't understand why the band passed on it for so long.