Most Anticipated Albums of 2018

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody want the physical cd that came with my concert ticket purchase? I don't do cds any longer. PM if interested. I can share the code with you so that you can redeem.

Definitely will grab this one, if it is still available -- friends of mine are going to the show - I won't be able to swing it. 

I'll shoot you a PM

What was the last Malkmus record?  Was it the one with that stupid Senator wants a blowjob song?

Definitely looking forward to the new Dr. Dog.  I've never been able to see them in concert for one reason or another, but I have tickets in hand for this tour.

Here's Dr. Dog's second single. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5aXWwpgWHY

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a record by a band called Olden Yolk.  It's the male singer from Quilt. I like this record more than anything I've heard from Quilt.  Which makes me wonder if we've ever done a thread for offshoot bands that are better than the main band.

Posted elsewhere but Neko Case has a new one coming out on June 1.

https://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs/2018/03/06/591111795/neko-case-announces-first-solo-solo-album-in-5-years-hell-on

First single.

I'm gonna give the new Superchunk album a listen in a few minutes.  My oldest son saw them in San Diego this week and said they were great.

It's really, really good.

Agreed.  She's one of my favorite singers/performers but it's not the greatest artwork ...

The weird thing is she has a bachelors in fine arts from Emily Carr, a fairly prestigious art school in Vancouver.  :yeaahh

I think the art is kind of hilarious and awesome. Ever since Middle Cyclone she seems to be fucking with us a little more with each new album cover. Definitely not "good" in the traditional sense, but I think it's cool and ballsy.

Ever since Middle Cyclone she seems to be fucking with us a little more with each new album cover.

I think that's exactly what she's up to. Her sly wink often makes it into the songs, too.

Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats' 2nd album, Tearing at the Seams, is a solid sophomoric album. I listened to it on Spotify the day it came out. Pretty amazing to be able to do that.

I used to be in a band with one of those guys, and a lot of the local Denver music community I'm close with knows the others better. Every time someone from our relatively small community blows up nationally people rush to judge- lots of criticism directed at The Lumineers and The Fray ('why of all the great people in town, those guys?' kind of thing).

It's cool to see that weird jealous impulse to judgement totally smothered by the bands totally excellent work on this record (and the last one). I think that coupled with Nathaniel's authentic friendliness and humility is giving them a surge of goodwill they definitely don't need, but totally appreciate.

Yo La Tengo's new one drops tomorrow.

Can't wait.

Pretty sure they have cancelled the release of this album since the band has broken up. The new Salad Boys is pretty awesome though.

Why would anyone do that?  Surely they can sell some copies, and that's better than nothing.  People don't lose interest in records just because a band breaks up.  Did they break up because they hate this record?  That's the only scenario that makes sense.

Why would anyone do that?  Surely they can sell some copies, and that's better than nothing.  People don't lose interest in records just because a band breaks up.  Did they break up because they hate this record?  That's the only scenario that makes sense.

100% agree.

Also 100% agree that the new Salad Boys is pretty awesome.