Most Anticipated Albums of 2018

Albums that you are looking forward to in 2018 (knowingly or bands/artists who are due for a new one and are hoping to see new a new album/music from):

The Wrens

The Breeders (Mar. 2)

Superchunk (Feb. 16)

Yo La Tengo (Mar. 16)

Constantines

Mudhoney

Sloan (Apr. 6)

Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks (May 18)

Salad Boys (Jan. 19)

Guided By Voices (Mar. 23)

Thee Oh Sees

The Men (Mar. 2)

Parquet Courts (May 18)

Hot Snakes (Mar. 16)

Nada Surf

Sleater-Kinney

Bob Mould

Telekinisis

Deerhunter

Dinosaur Jr. and/or Sebadoh

Hayden

Mike Kroll

Redd Kross

Ex Hex

And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead

Damien Jurado (May 4)

Parquet Courts (May 18)

Built to Spill (I have a feeling they'll put a new record this year or next and it'll be on Sub Pop)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sloan and Nada Surf?? Didn't know they had stuff in the pipe..sweet

I am excited for the Foal's new one! I am trying to think who else that I know has something confirmed??

Sloan just wrapped up or are in the process of wrapping up the recording of album #12.  As for Nada Surf, I thought I read or heard somewhere that they were working on new stuff earlier this year. I could be wrong.

Albums that you are looking forward to in 2018 (knowingly or bands/artists you are hoping to see new albums/music from)

Ex Hex

Heck yeah! Loved their first album. Hope they do something. Haven't heard anything though.

Loving the love for Sloan in this thread. Commonwealth is right up there with One Chord To Another and Smeared for me (well, at least the Jay and Chris stuff is), so I'm definitely looking forward to album 12. 

I doubt we'll get a Wilco album in 2018 but a Tweedy album seems likely. 

I'd imagine Kurt Vile and Courtney Barnett are due for (solo) albums. Lotta Sea Lice only had a few original songs each and the last time either of them had a proper album was 2015. 

Jack White has an album coming out, I really like Lazaretto.

Maybe we will (finally) get another album of original songs from Bob??

Loving the love for Sloan in this thread. Commonwealth is right up there with One Chord To Another and Smeared for me (well, at least the Jay and Chris stuff is), so I'm definitely looking forward to album 12.

Nice I have seen Sloan 5 or so times saw them on the one chord to another tour 2 years ago?? Fun show

Nice I have seen Sloan 5 or so times saw them on the one chord to another tour 2 years ago?? Fun show

Nice! One Chord To Another is one of my all time favourite albums! They played 3 or so shows in BC but none near me, I regret not making the road trip, that would have been the tour to see.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see a new Wilco album in 2018 but judging by the Tweedy/Stirrat recent interview on the Celebration Rock podcast that doesn't seem likely.

I think they'll make a new album later in 2018 and we won't get it until 2019. The blurb under the video stream from their Twin Cities show said they were taking the year off to record.

Did anyone see some evidence on a new Superchunk and a new Yo la Tengo heading our way? Those would both make me very happy- long-time favorite artists who have been knocking it out of the park in their golden years. Darn-tootin!

Did anyone see some evidence on a new Superchunk and a new Yo la Tengo heading our way? Those would both make me very happy- long-time favorite artists who have been knocking it out of the park in their golden years. Darn-tootin!

Yep, new Superchunk album hits record store shelves on February 16th.  As for Yo La Tengo, Matador Records said that 2018 would be a big year for YLT!  I'm only speculating that this means that a new album is heading our way.  They're due for a new one.

Sloan and Nada Surf?? Didn't know they had stuff in the pipe..sweet

I am excited for the Foal's new one! I am trying to think who else that I know has something confirmed??

I think Nada Surf's catalog is extremely deep and underrated. Love hearing this. Their last album was as good as anything they've made I think. They never try to reinvent themselves, they just keep plodding along under the radar making great albums.

Yep, new Superchunk album hits record store shelves on February 16th.  As for Yo La Tengo, Matador Records said that 2018 would be a big year for YLT!  I'm only speculating that this means that a new album is heading our way.  They're due for a new one.

I keep wondering if they're going to stick to their new formula of 'rippers only', or if they're gonna spread out again like they did before their hiatus. What they're doing is definitely working, but I wouldn't be sad if there was a touch of 'Come Pick Me Up' or 'Here's to Shutting Up' indulgences.

• 3 weeks later...

I keep wondering if they're going to stick to their new formula of 'rippers only', or if they're gonna spread out again like they did before their hiatus. What they're doing is definitely working, but I wouldn't be sad if there was a touch of 'Come Pick Me Up' or 'Here's to Shutting Up' indulgences.

Sounds like Superchunk has another toe-tapping punk album lined up:   https://www.avclub.com/our-most-anticipated-albums-of-2018-that-we-know-of-1821262983

I'm digging 'What a Time to Be Alive'. Jon Wurster is probably the most underrated drummer in contemporary rock music.