• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys I found a new insight that's therapeutic to me as I meditatively was repainting a bookshelf yesterday. I offer it here in hopes that others find it helpful:

Trump is one of the saddest people on the planet.

No, not that you should feel sorry for him, but just consider his words and his actions. Consider his face and the vacuum of his eyes. The dude stumbled into the highest office and he's getting no satisfaction. All of his blustering, and lies, and bragging is all a sign of how empty and frustrated he feels. He is clinically unable to feel secure, or satisfied. The factual world pains him. It would be a living hell to be Donald Trump, he's a gold veneer over an open wound. A black hole of an ego that sucks in everything and gets no satisfaction.

This makes me realize he might just ruin everything. But more likely, he'll continue to be awful, his time will pass, what goes around will come around and he will live out the rest of his miserable life being pathologically angry and insecure until his crappy health gives out. 

That fat junkie limbaugh is in complete panic mode today over the Cohen guilty plea. I just listened to about 10 minutes of him spinning and lying. It gave me a few hearty laughs. He actually said that Mueller doesn't have any "honest perps" to put on the stand, that they "are all liars". He's referring to, of course, trump associates. Tick tock, dotard, better start making plans to flee the States.

That fat junkie limbaugh is in complete panic mode today over the Cohen guilty plea. I just listened to about 10 minutes of him spinning and lying. It gave me a few hearty laughs. He actually said that Mueller doesn't have any "honest perps" to put on the stand, that they "are all liars". He's referring to, of course, trump associates. Tick tock, dotard, better start making plans to flee the States.

Well, he will be in Buenos Aires soon enough --- many Nazis fled to Argentina after WW II -- (that Nazi comment is just a completely random statement - sometimes I just want to make use of my History major, since I never used it in my real life, just being in the trades and all...) 

now limbaugh is saying that the word "conservative" has been tarnished and that people shouldn't be using that word any longer in describing their political beliefs. Perhaps the fact that this current administration has given the conservative ideology a mortal blow is seeping into his Oxy-addled mind. Who knows, just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday's slew of reports from Mueller got me (and political analysts) all excited. I was struck by a Watergate prosecutor who was asked about developments on NPR and said he could clearly see Mueller's investigation as a 'juggernaut' pointed 'straight at Trump'. Some politicians were ready to claim this is already proof of felony campaign finance violations made by Trump.

Then my wife said she refuses to get her hopes up. She's pretty smart.

I'm not banking on impeachment, I'd settle for humiliation and political neutering at this point.

It is pretty funny how the calls for Mueller to end his investigation have gone quiet over the past couple of weeks. I think even Trump’s most ardent supporters are starting to realize that this is just the tip of the iceberg. 2019 will be a historic year.

The news of the past 24 hours has me about as rattled as any time since election night 2016. Stocks in freefall (maybe stabilizing today), Mattis leaving, Trump drawing a line in the sand to fund the border wall, Whitaker not recusing... I want Mueller's report ASAP!

Also, I've been thinking about what happens if impeachment actually happens. It's not going to pretty. If the Senate votes to remove (I'm thinking some Rs might be feeling less loyal with Mattis leaving), I have no faith that Trump would honor that. OR, if he does, he stokes violence among the extreme MAGA heads.

The news of the past 24 hours has me about as rattled as any time since election night 2016. Stocks in freefall (maybe stabilizing today), Mattis leaving, Trump drawing a line in the sand to fund the border wall, Whitaker not recusing... I want Mueller's report ASAP!

Also, I've been thinking about what happens if impeachment actually happens. It's not going to pretty. If the Senate votes to remove (I'm thinking some Rs might be feeling less loyal with Mattis leaving), I have no faith that Trump would honor that. OR, if he does, he stokes violence among the extreme MAGA heads.

Yeah, that's a long list of scary shit.

With this shutdown/border wall fight alone (which is probably the most short term of the things you mentioned) I have no idea where it's going to go. I kind of wonder if the republicans are going to drop it down to 2 or 3 billion for the border and the dems are gonna cave.

• 2 weeks later...

Here we are weeks later and the shutdown continues.

I think each day brings more damage to Trump, but I'm not sure if the Democrats can stomach the price real people are paying for it (parks, unpaid workers).

The public sees the shutdown as Trump's fault, he allowed it to be named after him before it started. The longer it goes on, the more crazy he looks. But if he caves and doesn't get something he can call his great wall his base is going to be livid. He's really backed into a corner.

I predict he'll take less then he asked for, call it a triumphant wall with extended fencing and steel slats here and there. Americans will continue to believe him or his critics depending on what side of the aisle they fall on.