Jeff Spring Tour

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those shows were announced nearly a month ago and sold out in minutes.

Guess my attention was elsewhere and I totally missed that. I'm sure they sold out as soon as it was on. I was lucky enough to see one of the shows at Largo in 2013 and it was amazing. The venue is tiny. Even then, I only got to attend because of a friend who happened to be able to take my wife an myself. It was an incredible show and an incredible setlist that included The Long Cut and Dash 7. Just wow.

Cheers to anyone who gets to attend any show on this run.

Guess my attention was elsewhere and I totally missed that. I'm sure they sold out as soon as it was on. I was lucky enough to see one of the shows at Largo in 2013 and it was amazing. The venue is tiny. Even then, I only got to attend because of a friend who happened to be able to take my wife an myself. It was an incredible show and an incredible setlist that included The Long Cut and Dash 7. Just wow.

Cheers to anyone who gets to attend any show on this run.

Sorry if I was curt - I didn’t mean to be but it might read that way.

Those 2013 Largo shows are my most listened to Roadcases. I have the banter memorized at this point. I understand how special those shows are and I’m sorry you missed out this time around.

Generally speaking, I think the band’s new model of announcing shows and having a presale two days later is good for fans as it gives scalpers less time to prepare. Unfortunately, it means that if you don’t follow the band on social media and are really “tuned in” there’s a chance of missing out - especially when the venue is a shoebox!

Has anyone confirmed if Jeff will be backed by anyone on this tour? Or just solo?

Not sure this is confirmation or not, but a tweet from Thursday from the Jeff Tweedy account said "Don't forget to grab your tickets for Jeff's upcoming solo tour" 

Solo tour...

Not sure this is confirmation or not, but a tweet from Thursday from the Jeff Tweedy account said "Don't forget to grab your tickets for Jeff's upcoming solo tour" 

Solo tour...

I hope so. I'd totally enjoy Tweedy or some other backing band, but the 2 solo shows I saw were magical times.

My tickets came out to $105 a piece after fees 

Wow! He must be bringing the big light show for the tour.

It does appear that at most shows there is a golden circle type situation and the tour has really varied pricing. Austin top tier face at 80, Iowa at 45, Nashville and OKC around 65. Dallas at 70.

Supply and Demand has hit Tweedy Inc. Makes sense.

My total for 2 floor row G at Tampa Theatre was $115 and that was including $3 extra for postage. $105 each is excessive. I'd have paid it, but would've been unhappy.

Sorry if I was curt - I didn’t mean to be but it might read that way.

Those 2013 Largo shows are my most listened to Roadcases. I have the banter memorized at this point. I understand how special those shows are and I’m sorry you missed out this time around.

Generally speaking, I think the band’s new model of announcing shows and having a presale two days later is good for fans as it gives scalpers less time to prepare. Unfortunately, it means that if you don’t follow the band on social media and are really “tuned in” there’s a chance of missing out - especially when the venue is a shoebox!

I didn't feel like your response was curt at all. Just saying "wow I really missed the boat on that one" haha.

Wow! He must be bringing the big light show for the tour.

It does appear that at most shows there is a golden circle type situation and the tour has really varied pricing. Austin top tier face at 80, Iowa at 45, Nashville and OKC around 65. Dallas at 70.

Supply and Demand has hit Tweedy Inc. Makes sense.

That actually was for Nashville. Face value was $85 plus fees. The price led me to believe he might have a band w him.

• 5 weeks later...
and the dates continue https://wilcoworld.net/shows/

3.31 Columbus, OH

4.1 Ann Arbor, MI

4.3 Toronto, ON

4.4 Pittsburgh, PA

4.6 Boston, MA

4.8 New York City, NY

4.9 New York City, NY

4.10 Washington, D.C.

4.12 Savanah, GA

4.13 Decatur, GA