A Shot in the Arm-Post your vaccination pic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay!  I love this thread already. :wub   I'm not expecting to get my jab for a few months, probably, but my mom and all my aunts and uncles have gotten theirs, so I'm thrilled about that.  I wish they'd bump the teachers up the list out here (I'm not a teacher, but I know how much of a bummer it's been for the kids doing remote learning).

Teachers are not yet eligible in NJ, and even when they are, it’s next to impossible to get a vaccine appointment here.

I have been teaching inside a school building, with students, for about half of the current school year.  No vaccine.

• kidsmoke featured and unfeatured this topic

I got my 1st dose a week ago...just got lucky and snagged a "leftover" dose after senior care facilities had all been served that day. In 2 weeks I'll get my second. According to the statistics I'm seeing, that means that by about March 10th I should have reached that 95% magical immunity number. It's exhilarating to see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel!

Almost exactly a year to the day since I put myself in quarantine on 3/6/20. What a year that has proven to be!

Best of all, at that point I may even feel safe enough to visit a hairdresser! I'm too old to be playing at Rapunzel.:P

20210203_162819.jpg

Iowa is truly the wild west. Teachers and other school employees became eligible February 1. I lucked into an appointment at the pharmacy nearest my house February 2.

Our district has tried, and thus far failed, to coordinate a large clinic. I have a bit of something akin to survivor's guilt. I hope the distribution becomes more efficient and equitable soon!

Screenshot_20210209-171604.png

5 hours ago, TCP said:

I look forward to posting in this thread in like.... 9 months or something. 😭

Yikes. I hope the pace of vaccine distribution picks up, and you don't have to wait that long!

Uncool, glad you are started on the vaccinations. I got my shot the day after you did.

I hear you on that sense of guilt! I want everyone around me to have quick access to a vaccination. It's horrible worrying about virtually everyone you know!

Last week I lost 2 members of my stepfamily to covid. 😥 It was scary how fast it took them. Keep being incredibly careful out there.

53 minutes ago, kidsmoke said:

Yikes. I hope the pace of vaccine distribution picks up, and you don't have to wait that long!

Oh more so because I'm cursed with this damn youthfulness!! They'll be strict about going by age here I think the current estimates are for late summer for me. The good news is my sister, who's a nurse at a senior's home is getting her second dose this weekend and my parents (64/71) should be in the spring. 
Anyways, I'm happy for everyone getting their shots! Jealous but mostly happy. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 6:54 PM, TCP said:

Oh more so because I'm cursed with this damn youthfulness!! They'll be strict about going by age here I think the current estimates are for late summer for me. The good news is my sister, who's a nurse at a senior's home is getting her second dose this weekend and my parents (64/71) should be in the spring. 
Anyways, I'm happy for everyone getting their shots! Jealous but mostly happy. 

Ah, but that youthfulness is what makes you so adorable. 😘 And as fewer people around you are toxic, it gets better for everyone.

I am getting my 2nd shot on Monday and I'm freaking giddy to think I might finally be able to return to a semblance of normal life! I have had lung issues from babyhood because I was an extreme premie (at 5 mos.) I get bronchitis and pneumonia way too easily, so I know this disease is kryptonite for me. I haven't been inside a store since last March.

It's an incredible thought that I might be able to do that again. 😊 Some light at the tunnel's end. We're getting there now.

I got my 2nd shot yesterday but forgot again to get a photo. So you get to see this pen. It was given to us to fill out our paperwork, and later, as we finished, I went to hand it to the nurse along with the clipboard. "Oh, this is your pen, too." She started to take it but then waved the one she was holding and said, "Nah, keep it, I already have one."

Well okay, so here we have my Covid Vaccination Souvenir Pen. 

My arm hurts, I'm stupid with fatigue, some body aches and chills but overall, mostly more tired-feeling that actually sick. But for sure, plan to take it easy the day after your 2nd shot. I had no reaction to the first.

20210223_191014.jpg

I'm so happy that under the Biden administration vaccine availability has upticked tremendously. Good to see that the United 

center, home of the Bulls and Blackhawks will become a federal-based vaccine location. Through work I'm considered 1B, but landing a vaccine appointment lately has been kike playing the Lotto.       It doesn't help much at all when Cook County announces that it will make available 5000 appointments at noon on Feb 23 and actually make them available at midnight on Feb 24 ..   F*ckin Crook County...  However, and in spite of all these delays, vaccine deployment plans are looking better than ever !!

I hear some co-workers say that there's no way that they'll get vaccinated. It was entertaining to hear Stephen Colbert interviewing Bill Gates. Colbert informing those opposed to vaccination, ' Bill gates can put a chip in me and control my mind. I just want to hug my in-laws again!' ..  LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Got my first vaccine this morning at a Walgreen's (picture was blurry :)).  I'm 1B+ and feeling fortunate to be able to get the vaccine just down the road from me.

2 hours ago, gogo said:

Just got my first dose of Pfizer at Walgreens. The color-coordination with the flip-flops was a lucky coincidence!  Shirt by TwistedAcres. 😷

2BF21535-935F-44D5-B8F4-E9BC9FDF4686.jpeg

That's a terrific shirt! I'm glad you've gotten your first shot. I didn't have any reaction to the first other than a slightly sore arm. (Pfizer) Hope it's the same for you.

Getting my first shot of Moderne today. Finally became eligible in Washington yesterday. Distribution has been a mess as the system has been based on the honor system. Hasn't worked out so well. The pharmacy I go to is part of a small chain. They have a lot of computer issues & I was unable to schedule or get on a waiting list via the website. So I called the pharmacy direct & it turns out no one is taking that step. Sadly I'm a big customer for them but they were able to get me in right away. It will be a relief. Fingers crossed it goes well!

14 hours ago, chuckrh said:

Getting my first shot of Moderne today. Finally became eligible in Washington yesterday. Distribution has been a mess as the system has been based on the honor system. Hasn't worked out so well. The pharmacy I go to is part of a small chain. They have a lot of computer issues & I was unable to schedule or get on a waiting list via the website. So I called the pharmacy direct & it turns out no one is taking that step. Sadly I'm a big customer for them but they were able to get me in right away. It will be a relief. Fingers crossed it goes well!

I'm glad you're finally getting in. Distribution has been a nightmare almost everywhere! The first shot is generally mild without a lot of aftereffects...mostly just soreness at the injection site. Good luck! Take a photo to share with us!

7 hours ago, kidsmoke said:

I'm glad you're finally getting in. Distribution has been a nightmare almost everywhere! The first shot is generally mild without a lot of aftereffects...mostly just soreness at the injection site. Good luck! Take a photo to share with us!

Sorry I didn't get a chance to take a photo. I've been up all night with flu symptoms. I was expecting it though for the most part. I get the same thing when I have to do the high dosage flu vaccine every year & the shingles vaccine was nasty. It's because of the other exotic poisons I have to take. I'll live & will be worth the discomfort in the long run. I'm just going to do an all day NCAA binge on the couch.

1 hour ago, chuckrh said:

Sorry I didn't get a chance to take a photo. I've been up all night with flu symptoms. I was expecting it though for the most part. I get the same thing when I have to do the high dosage flu vaccine every year & the shingles vaccine was nasty. It's because of the other exotic poisons I have to take. I'll live & will be worth the discomfort in the long run. I'm just going to do an all day NCAA binge on the couch.

That's definitely the path of least resistance. Feel better fast.