YHF Anniversary Shows

I am shocked at how easy it was to get tickets to the NY shows. Last time I got Wilco tix through TM, the tickets disappeared from the seating chart before I could even put them in my cart. Even 45-60 minutes after on-sale, plenty of seats, and some good seats, were still available. Perhaps not everybody is ready yet for big indoor shows. Maybe 4 shows was too much for NY. Perhaps the one-day-prior announcement wasn't enough time for out-of-towners to make travel plans (didn't tours used to be announced a week or more before ticket sales??).
Anyhow, I aimed for two shows, and ended up getting tix for a third, just because. April-May is going to be a busy month of shows for me, most every band I like is going on the road at once.

11 hours ago, Yaz Rock said:

I am shocked at how easy it was to get tickets to the NY shows. Last time I got Wilco tix through TM, the tickets disappeared from the seating chart before I could even put them in my cart. Even 45-60 minutes after on-sale, plenty of seats, and some good seats, were still available. Perhaps not everybody is ready yet for big indoor shows. Maybe 4 shows was too much for NY. Perhaps the one-day-prior announcement wasn't enough time for out-of-towners to make travel plans (didn't tours used to be announced a week or more before ticket sales??).

Or perhaps, the ticket prices were too high.  They were for me.  I had a ticket in my cart, and ultimately decided I wasn’t willing to pay that much, so I released it.

• Sad 1
10 hours ago, brownie said:

Or perhaps, the ticket prices were too high.  They were for me.  I had a ticket in my cart, and ultimately decided I wasn’t willing to pay that much, so I released it.

Same for us. Good for them for getting the dough - but we decided to skip it, again. 

Yes, they are a significant leap up in price. At least for the good seats. Upper levels was 60-something dollars which came out to 82 with fees. I justified it by the fact it the venue is the Palace Theater and I love those old ornate venues, and I've never been to the Palace. And that they are special YHF shows. I did balk at seeing Jeff solo in Brooklyn this past summer because of those prices.

Similarly at least one other big name artist I follow raised their prices considerably since the last time around. This seems to be the new normal, unfortunately.

After getting shut-out during the pre-sale, I scored two in the nosebleed section for the Saturday show in Chicago.  Not a big fan of the Auditorium Theater, but I'm still looking forward to seeing Wilco.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Yaz Rock said:

Yes, they are a significant leap up in price. At least for the good seats. Upper levels was 60-something dollars which came out to 82 with fees. I justified it by the fact it the venue is the Palace Theater and I love those old ornate venues, and I've never been to the Palace. And that they are special YHF shows. I did balk at seeing Jeff solo in Brooklyn this past summer because of those prices.

Similarly at least one other big name artist I follow raised their prices considerably since the last time around. This seems to be the new normal, unfortunately.

Yes, that was the ticket I had in my cart: $65 face, $85 total with fees for the balcony.  Tickets way down front were $175 before fees.

There are shows I’d be willing to pay that price for a balcony seat.  For a combination of reasons, this wasn’t one of them.  I am not generally a fan of shows that focus on one album, or play an album its entirety, so that was part of it.

9 hours ago, Kernel said:

This is my first time posting and I hope I'm not doing it incorrectly! I'm looking for 2 tickets for Chicago Saturday night if anyone has any to sell! Please let me know :-)

Hi Kernel, welcome to Via Chicago! :wave I was going to advise you to post this request in our Tickets sub-forum, called "How to Fight Loneliness", but I checked and saw that you found that & posted there too. Good luck! I know there are some extra tickets floating around out there, so I hope someone can help you out. :thumbup

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any word on what's on the new 7inch? I assume the alt take of ITMWLY that is in the Foxtrot X Wilco popup promo picture, but what's on the flippity flop?

edit: Wilco posted a pic on instagram. Alt take of War on War.

3 hours ago, nalafej said:

Any word on what's on the new 7inch? I assume the alt take of ITMWLY that is in the Foxtrot X Wilco popup promo picture, but what's on the flippity flop?

edit: Wilco posted a pic on instagram. Alt take of War on War.

Bull Moose Records had a listing for about a month for a 7 inch vinyl release with the correct tracks, but had a street date of April 1st. I special ordered it from them and it’s in limbo. I didn’t get any firm details (alt takes) on it, until that IG post today. There’s a decent chance it gets released to record stores after the shows. There’s an even better chance that this listing was a fluke. We’ll find out…

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/35387272/wilco-war-on-war-im-the-man-who-loves-you

5 hours ago, calvino said:

Thank you for posting this, since I never saw this when I looked at the email subject in my Inbox. That limited view only listed Jack White, Bob Weir, Jimmy Buffet and David Gilmour. Weird! Of course, when I actually clicked on the email there it was in big letters. I kinda figured that Nugs had to film at least one of these shows. Excited to see what they have in store. 

6AC08943-FD2F-40D0-A6E3-15F24FF6BAB0.jpeg

• Like 1

Just a heads up: anyone out there seeing the discounted subscriber’s price only on the Nugs site and not on the app? I’m definitely logged in on the app because I’m playing one of their shows. I tried clicking the price on the app and it still showed the $24.99 price. It looks like it was going to do the purchase via iTunes. 

I feel like this was an issue back when the drive in shows were done. 

16E5E1B8-0D1A-4F40-BBFA-CA2B5AA8FB29.jpeg

40C541C4-B10F-484E-A20C-CDDC72623972.jpeg

Heads up to the tapers that frequent here and might attend a YHF show: a potential taper with recording gear over in the FB group was told that “audio taping privileges have been rescinded” for this special run of shows. Good news is that it sounds like something might get released. 

• Thanks 1