• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 u2roolz

u2roolz

More Like the Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 12:17 PM

Nugs just released the July 13, 2006 Fredericton, New Brunswick show on their streaming service. This show is really cool because it has Let’s Fight.

One of my Tweedy Show comments was asking Jeff what happened to this song, but Susie most likely didn’t see it. I am curious though if it was ever recorded.

#22 calvino

calvino

On & On & On

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 12:46 PM

Nugs just released the July 13, 2006 Fredericton, New Brunswick show on their streaming service. This show is really cool because it has Let’s Fight.

One of my Tweedy Show comments was asking Jeff what happened to this song, but Susie most likely didn’t see it. I am curious though if it was ever recorded.

Guess I heard the song when they played it at Lollapalooza in 2006 - can't say I remember the tune, though. 

#23 howdjadoo

howdjadoo

Dawned On Me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 05:45 AM

Let's Fight by Wilco

Facts
Total Plays 3 times by 1 Artist

First Played in Concert July 13, 2006 by Wilco at The Playhouse, Fredericton, NB, Canada
Most Recently Played August 6, 2006 by Wilco at Lollapalooza 2006

#24 chisoxjtrain

chisoxjtrain

Red Eyed & Blue

• PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:08 AM

I was at a living room show back in 2009 where different groups would perform with him. One group did Let's Fight but he had no recollection of it and he stood there and watched the group perform it.

#25 u2roolz

u2roolz

More Like the Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:06 AM

Guess I heard the song when they played it at Lollapalooza in 2006 - can't say I remember the tune, though.

I heard the song at the Pines Theater in Florence, MA which just happened to be 3 nights after this show in Fredericton. I really enjoyed the song when I heard it. I loved the music and the lengthy guitar solo which actually sounds like Jeff & not Nels. I could be wrong on that though.

Oh, and I remember watching that year’s Lollapalooza on my computer. Jeff was wearing a green suit. I don’t think any videos exist of that live stream. There are a few amateur videos though.

#26 u2roolz

u2roolz

More Like the Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:14 AM

Let's Fight by Wilco

Facts
Total Plays 3 times by 1 Artist

First Played in Concert July 13, 2006 by Wilco at The Playhouse, Fredericton, NB, Canada
Most Recently Played August 6, 2006 by Wilco at Lollapalooza 2006

Strange! I had a recollection that that song was played about 6 times that summer. Well, 3 times does make me feel really lucky to hear it.

I was at a living room show back in 2009 where different groups would perform with him. One group did Let's Fight but he had no recollection of it and he stood there and watched the group perform it.

That’s such a cool story! Hmm. From that story it sounds like it was a song that was never recorded and just tried out live the 3 times. I also think Let’s Fight is the last unreleased song to be played by Wilco in concert. Sky Blue Sky definitely had quite a few “b-sides”, so that made it even stranger that it never showed up way back then.

#27 julsay

julsay

A Cherry Ghost

• 20 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 09:51 PM

As per the liner notes to the nugs release, this song was first attempted during the "A Ghost Is Born" sessions, and then re-tried during the "Sky Blue Sky" sessions.  They never produced a satisfactory take.

#28 u2roolz

u2roolz

More Like the Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:05 PM

As per the liner notes to the nugs release, this song was first attempted during the "A Ghost Is Born" sessions, and then re-tried during the "Sky Blue Sky" sessions. They never produced a satisfactory take.

Thank you for that information!

I just looked at my Nugs app again and I still have a blank screen for the liner notes.

#29 julsay

julsay

A Cherry Ghost

• 20 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 08:47 PM

Thank you for that information!

I just looked at my Nugs app again and I still have a blank screen for the liner notes.

The liner notes are now linked to the nugs.net show page.   Those notes include information on the song "Let's Fight".

#30 sonicshoulder

sonicshoulder

I Miss the Innocence

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:25 AM

They just added a show from July 31 2002 and it is quickly becoming my favorite bootleg.  I'll use the description "perfectly perfect pre-perfect Wilco". Jeff is covering a lot of ground on guitar.  It sounds like the recording rig is either in Mikeal's piano or at sometimes tied around John's neck...either way two great locations to record from. There are some very quirky versions of some now live show standards. Jeff still has his young, cigarette voice. Lots of fun and very raw by today's standards for their live shows. Check it out.  

#31 u2roolz

u2roolz

More Like the Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 05:40 PM

The Camden, Maine show from July 3, 2000 has been added today to Nugs.net

Most notable about this show is that it features the first band performances of Ashes Of American Flags & I’m The Man Who Loves You, if Setlist.FM is to be believed. The liner notes are not showing up on the app right now.

#32 Oil Can Boyd

Oil Can Boyd

Outtasite

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:15 AM

The Camden, Maine show from July 3, 2000 has been added today to Nugs.net

Most notable about this show is that it features the first band performances of Ashes Of American Flags & I’m The Man Who Loves You, if Setlist.FM is to be believed. The liner notes are not showing up on the app right now.

Also notable that it was my first Wilco show!

I have a recording of it but I'm guessing this one is better. I'll give it a listen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)