Wilco on nugs.net subscription

Wilco's Roadcase series has been added to a nugs.net subscription! You can stream all of their Roadcase releases for a $12.99 monthly fee (or $129 for the year). In addition to Wilco you get access to all their streaming artists - IMO the big one is Pearl Jam, but they have some jam band types on there too like Widespread, Moe., Umphrey's, etc.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a bit of bad luck history with the show that they dropped today: Jeff solo in Los Angeles February 2006. I made plans to have a family trip to hit up LA during the first week of February. It wa

Sometimes it pays off to be a night owl. I decided to check Nugs after midnight and was surprised to find that the 2008 Cain’s Ballroom show was added today. I don’t remember which songs from this sho

Looks like they skipped the September release, or did I miss something?

Posted Images

• 6 months later...

A bunch of OLD shows just showed up streaming on nugs.net. As far as I can tell, they are at this moment exclusive to nugs.net subscribers and not available on Wilco's Roadcase (although maybe they are coming).

3/27/1999 - Shepherd's Bush Empire, London, UK

12/3/2001 - The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA

6/28/2003 - Festival Pier at Penn's Landing, Philly, PA

12/31/2004 - MSG, New York, NY

11/17/2005 - Tribeca Performing Arts Center, New York, NY

Which of these would be *the one* if I was going to buy one?

A bunch of OLD shows just showed up streaming on nugs.net. As far as I can tell, they are at this moment exclusive to nugs.net subscribers and not available on Wilco's Roadcase (although maybe they are coming).

3/27/1999 - Shepherd's Bush Empire, London, UK

12/3/2001 - The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA

6/28/2003 - Festival Pier at Penn's Landing, Philly, PA

12/31/2004 - MSG, New York, NY

11/17/2005 - Tribeca Performing Arts Center, New York, NY

Which of these would be *the one* if I was going to buy one?

Penn’s Landing is probably one of my all-time favorites (not including the shows I’ve actually attended). A fantastic portrait of a band in flux, starting to find their footing with new sounds and tons of great lead guitar by Jeff before he relinquished duties to Nels the following year.

I've downloaded Springsteen shows through Nugs before, but haven't streamed anything.  I also saw where Jason Isbell has starting putting shows up on there as well.  Do you know if the Springsteen and Isbell shows are available to stream also?  Might be worth the subscription now that Wilco is on there.

Listening to the Filmore show right now. 4 piece Wilco was such a strange time period for the band but I love these arrangements. Was this when Mikael was doing some stuff off stage for the band??

I've downloaded Springsteen shows through Nugs before, but haven't streamed anything.  I also saw where Jason Isbell has starting putting shows up on there as well.  Do you know if the Springsteen and Isbell shows are available to stream also?  Might be worth the subscription now that Wilco is on there.

Isbell is streaming, but Springsteen is still purchase and download individual shows, not part of the subscription. Some of his recent live albums like the Live Series and Springsteen on Broadway are up there, although they are on other streaming services as well so not really a unique nugs offer.

Listening to the Filmore show right now. 4 piece Wilco was such a strange time period for the band but I love these arrangements. Was this when Mikael was doing some stuff off stage for the band??

He was offstage or hidden deep in the stage plot starting in 2002, and by 2003 was in the regular stage set. In fall 2001 it was Wilco the quartet, through and through.

I found the time when Mikael was playing a laptop to be really odd visually. And after the full on rock of the earlier tours, it was a hard shift for me to make as a fan. I remember going to their shows, about one a year at that time, and wondering who would be in the band. I clearly recall going to see them in the summer of '04 and trying to figure out who the new, lanky mad scientist-type was playing lead guitar. So much movement in and out of the band over the course of those 5-6 years!

4 piece Wilco was such a strange time period for the band but I love these arrangements. Was this when Mikael was doing some stuff off stage for the band??

Not a popular POV around here, but that remains my all-time favorite lineup. Jeff, John, Glenn & Leroy, with Mikeal coming aboard in 2002. Jeff didn't want to have to be lead guitar and front man--which is understandable--but man, it was great watching him play lead all night in those days.

Not a popular POV around here, but that remains my all-time favorite lineup. Jeff, John, Glenn & Leroy, with Mikeal coming aboard in 2002. Jeff didn't want to have to be lead guitar and front man--which is understandable--but man, it was great watching him play lead all night in those days.

I agree. That's a highly interesting period, and unique. I got on board in '02 and that lineup still makes me very sentimental about how exciting it was.

Jeff plays some absolutely fabulous lead guitar during the 2003 Philadelphia show.  That is one of the reasons it was chosen for release.

That is one of the reasons it was chosen for release.

It's so great they are releasing these. Do we actually know how they (and who is they?) are selecting which shows from the archive to release? like, is there a Dick Latvala (Dick's picks) for Wilco?

• 4 months later...

Signed up for this a week ago and I’m loving this. I don’t know if it’s because of the current pandemic, but Nugs is offering a free month trial. The 99, 01 & 03 shows are worth it alone.

Just resurrecting this thread to say that the 2004 NYC NYE show is missing the cover of Devo’s Gut Feeling/Slap Your Mammy. I mention it because the “liner notes” have been pretty good about talking about omitting a song due to an audio issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Nugs just released the July 13, 2006 Fredericton, New Brunswick show on their streaming service. This show is really cool because it has Let’s Fight.

One of my Tweedy Show comments was asking Jeff what happened to this song, but Susie most likely didn’t see it. I am curious though if it was ever recorded.

Nugs just released the July 13, 2006 Fredericton, New Brunswick show on their streaming service. This show is really cool because it has Let’s Fight.

One of my Tweedy Show comments was asking Jeff what happened to this song, but Susie most likely didn’t see it. I am curious though if it was ever recorded.

Guess I heard the song when they played it at Lollapalooza in 2006 - can't say I remember the tune, though. 

I was at a living room show back in 2009 where different groups would perform with him. One group did Let's Fight but he had no recollection of it and he stood there and watched the group perform it.

Guess I heard the song when they played it at Lollapalooza in 2006 - can't say I remember the tune, though.

I heard the song at the Pines Theater in Florence, MA which just happened to be 3 nights after this show in Fredericton. I really enjoyed the song when I heard it. I loved the music and the lengthy guitar solo which actually sounds like Jeff & not Nels. I could be wrong on that though.

Oh, and I remember watching that year’s Lollapalooza on my computer. Jeff was wearing a green suit. I don’t think any videos exist of that live stream. There are a few amateur videos though.