Wilco on nugs.net subscription

Let's Fight by Wilco

Facts

Total Plays 3 times by 1 Artist

First Played in Concert July 13, 2006 by Wilco at The Playhouse, Fredericton, NB, Canada

Most Recently Played August 6, 2006 by Wilco at Lollapalooza 2006

Strange! I had a recollection that that song was played about 6 times that summer. Well, 3 times does make me feel really lucky to hear it.

I was at a living room show back in 2009 where different groups would perform with him. One group did Let's Fight but he had no recollection of it and he stood there and watched the group perform it.

That’s such a cool story! Hmm. From that story it sounds like it was a song that was never recorded and just tried out live the 3 times. I also think Let’s Fight is the last unreleased song to be played by Wilco in concert. Sky Blue Sky definitely had quite a few “b-sides”, so that made it even stranger that it never showed up way back then.
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a bit of bad luck history with the show that they dropped today: Jeff solo in Los Angeles February 2006. I made plans to have a family trip to hit up LA during the first week of February. It wa

Sometimes it pays off to be a night owl. I decided to check Nugs after midnight and was surprised to find that the 2008 Cain’s Ballroom show was added today. I don’t remember which songs from this sho

Looks like they skipped the September release, or did I miss something?

Posted Images

Nugs just released the July 13, 2006 Fredericton, New Brunswick show on their streaming service. This show is really cool because it has Let’s Fight.

One of my Tweedy Show comments was asking Jeff what happened to this song, but Susie most likely didn’t see it. I am curious though if it was ever recorded.

As per the liner notes to the nugs release, this song was first attempted during the "A Ghost Is Born" sessions, and then re-tried during the "Sky Blue Sky" sessions.  They never produced a satisfactory take.

As per the liner notes to the nugs release, this song was first attempted during the "A Ghost Is Born" sessions, and then re-tried during the "Sky Blue Sky" sessions. They never produced a satisfactory take.

Thank you for that information!

I just looked at my Nugs app again and I still have a blank screen for the liner notes.

Thank you for that information!

I just looked at my Nugs app again and I still have a blank screen for the liner notes.

The liner notes are now linked to the nugs.net show page.   Those notes include information on the song "Let's Fight".

• 1 month later...

They just added a show from July 31 2002 and it is quickly becoming my favorite bootleg.  I'll use the description "perfectly perfect pre-perfect Wilco". Jeff is covering a lot of ground on guitar.  It sounds like the recording rig is either in Mikeal's piano or at sometimes tied around John's neck...either way two great locations to record from. There are some very quirky versions of some now live show standards. Jeff still has his young, cigarette voice. Lots of fun and very raw by today's standards for their live shows. Check it out.  

• 5 weeks later...

The Camden, Maine show from July 3, 2000 has been added today to Nugs.net

Most notable about this show is that it features the first band performances of Ashes Of American Flags & I’m The Man Who Loves You, if Setlist.FM is to be believed. The liner notes are not showing up on the app right now.

The Camden, Maine show from July 3, 2000 has been added today to Nugs.net

Most notable about this show is that it features the first band performances of Ashes Of American Flags & I’m The Man Who Loves You, if Setlist.FM is to be believed. The liner notes are not showing up on the app right now.

Also notable that it was my first Wilco show!

I have a recording of it but I'm guessing this one is better. I'll give it a listen.

• 2 months later...

I did some detective work to see which new show was released to Nugs today and it looks like they dropped the 2 shows from Montclair, NJ in April 2010. I haven’t seen any official announcement today on social media, but I don’t recall seeing either of these before. 

5 hours ago, u2roolz said:

I did some detective work to see which new show was released to Nugs today and it looks like they dropped the 2 shows from Montclair, NJ in April 2010. I haven’t seen any official announcement today on social media, but I don’t recall seeing either of these before. 

Show notes state those were released in March 2020

2 hours ago, dasradiohead said:

Show notes state those were released in March 2020

This is the second time that someone can see something on Nugs that I can’t. The other incident was show notes for the latest show that showed up blank in the app. I just chalked that up to it not being available yet on the app, but on the website. 

Re: Montclair - When I click on show notes in the app, I only see “Second set is an acoustic performance. Read more about the show here.” And there’s no link there. Funnily enough on the website it doesn’t even mention “read more about the show here”. 

I was checking for a new show today because there was a FB post this past August that mentioned a new Wilco show on the last Wednesday of every month. I knew that new shows seemed to appear near the end of a month, but didn’t know of a particular day of the week until I saw that post. 

Anyways, I now see a show that pops up under the apps new show listings. It’s a show from July 21, 2009 in Royal Oak, MI. 

15 hours ago, u2roolz said:

Anyways, I now see a show that pops up under the apps new show listings. It’s a show from July 21, 2009 in Royal Oak, MI. 

That Royal Oak show they just released today was, in my opinion, the best show of that year. It was a one-off and the band was on fire that night. Fwiw.

9 hours ago, bböp said:

That Royal Oak show they just released today was, in my opinion, the best show of that year. It was a one-off and the band was on fire that night. Fwiw.

Excellent news! Can’t wait to listen to this. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a bit of bad luck history with the show that they dropped today: Jeff solo in Los Angeles February 2006. I made plans to have a family trip to hit up LA during the first week of February. It was from Super Bowl Sunday to Sunday February 12. Probably a month or so after my trip was booked, 2 Jeff Tweedy solo shows were announced in LA. I was upset that I couldn’t make night 1 because that was the night that I was going to be flying back home. The day of the first show the northeast got a 1-2 foot blizzard stopping all flights for the day, so now I’m stuck in LA an extra night last minute and Jeff Tweedy is playing 20 minutes away from my hotel! The second night is available today and I hate to say that I was on an airplane when it was happening. Lol 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, calvino said:

Anybody care to share how they think the sound quality is on the nugs app?

Just got an email that they are running a great deal and thinking of trying it. 

I love it! No complaints here. It sounds excellent with ear buds and through cat speakers.The upside is having access to all of the shows plus the Front Of House series at your fingertips. If there’s anything that I really want to purchase & download, then I can still do that. 

I’d have to check the Solid Sound shows to compare because I bought & burnt those.

What’s the deal? I tried it out for a free 30 day trial back in April with no bullshit or drama meaning there wasn’t a situation where any Wilco show was off limits or you couldn’t skip ahead etc like on say Spotify.

11 hours ago, u2roolz said:

I love it! No complaints here. It sounds excellent with ear buds and through cat speakers.The upside is having access to all of the shows plus the Front Of House series at your fingertips. If there’s anything that I really want to purchase & download, then I can still do that. 

I’d have to check the Solid Sound shows to compare because I bought & burnt those.

What’s the deal? I tried it out for a free 30 day trial back in April with no bullshit or drama meaning there wasn’t a situation where any Wilco show was off limits or you couldn’t skip ahead etc like on say Spotify.

Thanks. I think I will give it a shot.

The deal they have going on is:

"UNLIMITED STREAMING 1-YEAR ONLY $50" Each subscription will trigger a $5 donation to Sweet Relief, helping to provide much needed support to musicians and music industry workers.

I did end up signing up. Starting with the Jeff Tweedy show at Henry Fonda Theater Los Angeles, CA 2.16.06

• 4 months later...

Released this week. Looks like a great one!

For April, we’re traveling to Eugene, OR in 2003. Wilco played a show with a lot of unique arrangements at the McDonald Theatre. Check out Spiders and you’ll see what we mean!

Wilco
McDonald Theatre, Eugene, OR
Sep 4, 2003

https://www.nugs.net/live-download-of-wilco-mcdonald-theatre-eugene-or-09-04-2003-mp3-flac-or-online-music-streaming/26414.html

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, blureu said:

Noticed this on the bands IG account.

NEW LIVE RELEASE: Download Wilco’s 1996 show from Austin, TX if you’re looking for a fun time. 

https://www.nugs.net/live-download-of-wilco-liberty-lunch-austin-tx-11-05-1996-mp3-flac-or-online-music-streaming/26678.html

This is an awesome show! Listened to it tonight with a thunderstorm going on in the background. I’m sure most people will recognize that this show took place 3 weeks before that legendary Vic show that’s been immortalized on YouTube. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes it pays off to be a night owl. I decided to check Nugs after midnight and was surprised to find that the 2008 Cain’s Ballroom show was added today. I don’t remember which songs from this show made it on the Ashes DVD, but the setlist looks killer. Off to listen to some of it now. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Marijn said:

Looks like they skipped the September release, or did I miss something?

I posed the same question over in the Facebook group and no one replied with the answer that I was seeking. 

My guess is that they put one of the Road Cases back on and it’s tough to realize which one wasn’t there before. 

Or as you said they simply forgot! Lol