Jeff Tweedy 1/14/06

I just wanted to get this started...

Last night was fantastic! Thanks so much to Jeff & Sue for being such awesome people and for sharing your time with us! Thanks Leigh and Edie for getting this started and for all that you both did to make it come together! Thanks Edie, Scott and Max for welcoming us into your home and hosting! Thanks to all of the people I met last night for being a part of such a wonderful memory!

I'm sure a setlist will be posted someday, someday soon and pictures too hopefully!

Jessica

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an amazing night :rock

Thank you so much to Edie for hosting the show and, of course, for Sue and Jeff for coming and playing and socializing, etc.

I didn't write the setlist down but here are a couple of highlights from my fuzzy memory...

Blasting Fonda

Cars Can't Escape

ELT

Magazine

Airline to Heaven

Spiders

Theologians

Gun :dancing

Misunderstood

Roses

Forget the Flowers

Promising

Shot in the Arm

Family Gardener

I know there were many more...anyone? anyone?

What an amazing night :rock

Thank you so much to Edie for hosting the show and, of course, for Sue and Jeff for coming and playing and socializing, etc.

I didn't write the setlist down but here are a couple of highlights from my fuzzy memory...

Blasting Fonda

Cars Can't Escape

ELT

Magazine

Airline to Heaven

Spiders

Theologians

Gun :dancing

Misunderstood

Roses

Forget the Flowers

Promising

Shot in the Arm

Family Gardener

I know there were many more...anyone? anyone?

did you forget pieholden suite ?!?!? and acuff-rose!!!!!! radioking!

Image-4EE8A1B585ED11DA.jpg Image-4ED1787185ED11DA.jpg

There's a couple, I'm still working on getting them all up!

I want to say a big THANK YOU to Leigh, Edie and her family, and of course to Jeff and Sue for being so generous and so amazing...but also to all you wonderful VCers (and non VCers!) who made last night so special. I had such a fantastic time..and it was wonderful to meet you all and finally match some faces to those usernames/avatars! :P

I could not have asked for a better time..thank you so SO much and I hope to see you all again soon!

radioking!

:blush I will never forgive myself for getting so flustered when he asked me for another request (due to some 'difficulties' with radio king :lol) I totally blanked out on what I had requested!! I wish I had said One By One, because it was crossed out AND circled on the list, and perhaps a little nudge would have gotten it played...but, of course, I was too busy freaking out and avoiding eye contact with Mr. Tweedy :rolleyes

Guest hankcow

Wow, that was a great show. This is my first post here on Via Chicago. This is Leigh's son, by the way. After the show I thought about making an account, so I did. I just wanted to thank Edie and her family for hosting the event. Thanks everyone! It was a great night. Hope we all didn't look like this to Jeff > :blink

To someone distant from it all, it was nice to see that your group was open in its preparations for bidding and arrangements. And now you are sharing the event too. It is to your great credit. Thankyou!

That second picture posted above is just brilliant.

Also, I'd like to see Edie's dining table if those are all the chairs from it Must be like the court of King Arthur in there :lol

To someone distant from it all, it was nice to see that your group was open in its preparations for bidding and arrangements. And now you are sharing the event too. It is to your great credit. Thankyou!

That second picture posted above is just brilliant.

Also, I'd like to see Edie's dining table if those are all the chairs from it Must be like the court of King Arthur in there :lol

yeah it was definately really cool that everythign was so open, it made for a fun, unpredictable group!! it was so much fun just walking in and being able to hug and introduce yourself to anybody in the room, the community that forms at each show is always one of the best things to watch.

and morgan, i agree with andrewdowdall, i never saw that second picture! it's great! hopeuflly i'll have time to get my pics on photobucket or osmething today and post them, they'll be up inthe next few days for sure though.

what neil song is on the music stand?

I just did some online detective work, comparing the somewhat blurred images to azlyrics.com pages and I have found out it is: Motion Pictures (For Carrie), that "For Carrie" accounts for the long looking title. Congradulations to everyone who got to witness that show!

Image-4EE9240E85ED11DA.jpg

mmk these are pretty huge so i'll quit crowding the thread with em (but i love this one so i just had to do one more :lol)...go ahead and take a look at all of them here:

Living Room Pictures!

They go in reverse order..from the end of the night to the beginning. not that it matters much, just giving you a heads up. and also, they always look better if you click one and then go through with the arrows on the bottom right. just a suggestion!

erin has my other card with a few of my other pics I think..and she's got a bunch of good ones on her camera so hopefully we'll see those up soon as well!!

Wow, that was a great show. This is my first post here on Via Chicago. This is Leigh's son, by the way. After the show I thought about making an account, so I did. I just wanted to thank Edie and her family for hosting the event. Thanks everyone! It was a great night. Hope we all didn't look like this to Jeff > :blink

Welcome to the board, Alex! :wave It was great to meet you and your family last night!

did you forget pieholden suite ?!?!? and acuff-rose!!!!!! radioking!

also

Laminated Kat / Not for the Season

IATTBYH

I Can't Keep from Talking

How to Fight Loneliness

John Wesley Harding

Say You Miss Me

What's the World Got in Store

Dear Employer

Edie's beauteous crib was the perfect place to have a living room show, Jeff-Tweedy-getting-caught-in-the-line-to-the-bathroom notwithstanding.

Leigh and Edie are a couple of brave souls for organizing this thing against all odds, conventional wisdom and common sense. I personally didn't think it was possible. But I've been wrong once or twice before.

It was great meeting all you fringe VCers who lurk for years at a time. You people should post more. Don't be bashful, kids.

I also can't say enough about the generosity of the Tweedys. Jeff put up with all of our inane questions, song requests, lameass jokes, offers to bear his love child, etc. He also signed around 80 posters and he did it with a smile.

I'm a little disappointed he didn't sign my ass though.

looks like a great time but i can't get all the pics to load...is it me, or the site?

hmm weird...how many won't load? it took awhile when i first clicked one to get into the slideshow mode...but if you give it 30 sec or so it should pop up. anyone else having trouble?

hmm weird...how many won't load? it took awhile when i first clicked one to get into the slideshow mode...but if you give it 30 sec or so it should pop up. anyone else having trouble?

i'm seeing them fine! i had no idea there were that many good ones! it kinda sucked because we didn't wanna disturb him with the flashes (especially up front) but they looked so darn good with the flash!!! (all those clear ones are flash).

Guest baseball bobblehead

thanks, kittens! I wish i could have been there! the pics worked the second time i tried. Good work everyone. Someone should send Leigh and Edie a dozen roses each.

So did he play "Motion Pictures"?

Also, below is a pic of the poster I designed for Edie, and I would love to see the one Longie made.

TweedyPosterSm4VC.jpg