Jeff Tweedy 1/14/06

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have started this post a couple of times this evening, but have been interrupted each time with various things.

Anyway, some random thoughts about 24 hours later, looking out the living room window....

:monkey I am delighted that the folks who donated $$ for this created a real difference in people's lives via Letters to Santa. Heather has done an amazing job making this happen. While being able to listen to Jeff in a living room setting was an xmas gift to ourselves on many levels, what we gave meant so much more. It is "direct" to folks in need in the best sense of the word.

:monkey It was absolutely wonderful to have been able to host this. The evening felt really effortless, which for me meant we thought of most things and were able to accomodate people's needs.

:monkey I have to tell you, I think we ended up with more wine that we started with and I thank everyone who helped me find my beer more than once. :beer Oh and my cell phone finally showed up -- it was in my jacket pocket in the closet (which is why I could not hear your calls, everyone who called).

:monkey It was great to have been able to see everyone with whom I have communicated over the past few weeks. My only -minor- regret is that when you host a party there is always something to do, so I had too few in-depth conversations with everyone. Leigh, my newest sistah, all of the lead up/planning was great and even better to really meet you and your family. I look forward to see you all again very soon.

:monkey I loved when Jeff said that he reads VC from time to time, and he called out VCers who complain that "Wilco shows are all the same songs". He said that they have played over 100 different songs last year and that they obviously need to promote the newest music.

:monkey The setlist? Fan-freaking-tastic.

:monkey The execution of setlist? Fan-freaking-tastic again, only because Jeff messed up a few times and makes such a fun time of it that I almost prefer them :lol Jeff said beforehand that he was a little nervous 'cause he hadn't played in a while. I said not to worry, that there were thirty people that loved him and didn't care. It didn't occur to me until later that he opened up for the Stones a while ago -- now THAT would be a thing to be nervous about, not 30 fan-boyz/gurlz in some living room! :lol

:monkey Sue and I both discovered that we are members of the Bruce Finkleman anti-fan club. One of the highlights of my evening!!!

:monkey Pee breaks. What more can I say?

I'm sure I'll have more later. Thanks again Jeff and Sue and all you wonderful VC clan for making this a grand reality.

:monkey Sue and I both discovered that we are members of the Bruce Finkleman anti-fan club. One of the highlights of my evening!!!

i was telling jen about this today and couldn't remember the guy's name...that was one of the highlight conversations of the night, hearing you two sweet sweet ladies get so riled up about him definately showed what a jerkwad he was. the best was "aren't you the woman who said something bad about bruce finkleman once?" and ya know, i can just see most people there saying "oh no sue, that wasn't me, that must have been someone else" but you were liek "yeah that was me!!! that douchebag copped me out of $300!!!" and you guys just going at it about him. it was great.

that douchebag copped me out of $650!!!" and you guys just going at it about him. it was great.

Edit -- Oh I am quite sure that the language was MUCH stronger than that!!! He still owes me, the rat-bastard.

And I loooove the pics. I didn't take even one picture, I am so bad at it.

Here's the complete setlist:

- Julie & Nate

Julie -- Thanks mucho for doing this, first of all. I can't wait to see you again, here or elsewhere at some show TBD!!

Also, I am sure that towards the beginning, Jeff played the first few chords of Mountainbed, then he got distracted when someone said something, and his next song was something else. Am I dreaming?????

Edit -- Oh I am quite sure that the language was MUCH stronger than that!!! He still owes me, the rat-bastard.

And I loooove the pics. I didn't take even one picture, I am so bad at it.

hahah i know it was, but i'm not willing to recreate it on such a public website. i'm not old enough to swear!

i'll have my pics up sometime in the wee hours of the morning! (aka 2am-ish)...check back then!!

:lol that conversation was priceless

another moment that just popped into my head: so ever since jeff signed my ticket stub at the northwestern show, i've laughed at how his signature looks more like 'jay farrar' than 'jeff tweedy'...well as jeff finished signing that stack of 60+ posters, sue shows him one and goes "honey, why are you signing all of these as jay farrar?" :lol i think he replied along the lines of: "ha. ha. ha. well, im sorry but i've been meaning to tell you...i still secretly wish i was jay farrar so much that i sign his name!!" i was just glad i hadnt been seeing things and it really DOES look like 'jay'..

Thanks so much for the setlist, Julie. I'm curious, what's "**** Jazz Odyssey"?

I must apologize for that, it was my second Spinal Tap joke of the night. First I told Jeff that that bread was too small for the meats, leading to pretty much the entire exchange from Spinal Tap, and then I requested Jazz Odyssey to which Jeff replied, "I think that was a jazz odyssey"

It was so wonderful to meet all of you!!! :D :D :D

Leigh and Edie, thank you so much for everything!

Sara! It was great to meet you again, so funny we found each other again! :P

Everyone, you are so nice, it was just simply amazing! :dancing

just how big would a stand need to be to support Mike? :P

one with at least a 5 inch radius and i'm assuming a few feet taller. i guess it all depends on how it will support him. if it's like a platform at the top where he stands, then ya know, as long has he can balance it doesn't matter how tall it is. but if he's like suspended by it, well i just don't know...

I really apologize for posting the Jeff In Line for the Loo photo ...

A domestic scene from this evening (no access to those hosting sites at work)

Wife: What are you doing now?

Me: Just logging on to look at a picture of Jeff Tweedy, you know, from Wilco, queueing to go to the loo.

Wife: Mentalist!

A domestic scene from this evening (no access to those hosting sites at work)

Wife: What are you doing now?

Me: Just logging on to look at a picture of Jeff Tweedy, you know, from Wilco, queueing to go to the loo.

Wife: Mentalist!

:lol

Great pictures you guys!

First I told Jeff that that bread was too small for the meats, leading to pretty much the entire exchange from Spinal Tap, and then I requested Jazz Odyssey to which Jeff replied, "I think that was a jazz odyssey"

Thanks for the story! :D I can't believe we still have to wait months until ours happens -- too many busy schedules in our group.

And I just wanted to mention that I LOVE it when Jeff sings to flowers:

IMG_0007.jpg