Jeff Tweedy 1/14/06

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey There! I posted in the other forum but thanks to the heads up from Leigh, I will go ahead and post here again!

My original post.......

Hello Everybody!

I would just like to say it was wonderful meeting each and every one of you. I can say, in my entire life, I have never walked into a room full of strangers and felt so welcome! It's nice to have a solid thing in common with each and every one of you right off the bat and something so close to my heart!

If any of you ever find yourself in the Atlanta area, feel free to give me a call. You will have a place to stay, some good food to eat (my special bbq ribs), and some awesome music to hear!

Also, as I pulled a blonde move..... I forgot my camera the night of the show and was unable to take any pictures. Could I ask you all to send pictures from the evening to my email address or home address? My email address is satterleem@hotmail.com or msatterlee@vanran.com . If you are going to mail them, send me a pm and I can get you my address and send you money for the postage, DVR, pictures, etc .

Thanks again to person who brought the posters and carrying cases (Was that Rob?? too much of the bubbly to remember ...... It made the trip back to Atlanta very easy and I didnt have to worry about them getting wrecked.

And last but not least, Thank You Jeff Tweedy and Sue Miller for such a wonderful, unforgettable evening with a cause. You are such down to earth people and I hope to see you again in the near future.

Well, I guess I should get back to work as I have a sales meeting to run in 30 minutes but once again I would just like to say I had an absolute blast and thanks to all for everything. Hopefully we will do it again in t minus one year!!!!!!

Megan Satterlee

:lol he's a funny kid, i just talked to him the other day actually, he'll be at the tweedy/AD cali streak and is still tall.

He actually said one of the funniest things I've ever heard in a concert line. I still laugh about it. Pretty high energy cat, that's for sure.

Oh my. I'll probably see him at the SF show! :lol

his real name's jared? :huh

i gotta start remembering that...and get out of the habit of just calling him 'san fran' (though he seemed to like that name :lol)

though he hates the town hahah, hopefully he'll be coming out to chicago after the cali shows and a few lucinda williams shows which will be good for him (he's not too happy out in sanfran)

Image-4EE9240E85ED11DA.jpg

Nice shot!! I believe this was during the John Wesley Harding fake out (think he was watching the door to see if Nate would come running/sliding in from the bathroom). :lol

Heidi - I'm not sure what Jazz Odyssey is, but when someone in the crowd requested it - Jeff replied that he had just played it (a.k.a. just finished tuning his guitar). :)

Nice shot!! I believe this was during the John Wesley Harding fake out (think he was watching the door to see if Nate would come running/sliding in from the bathroom). :lol

haha yep it was!! guess we didnt expect that he'd actually be IN the bathroom and unable to come running when he heard the tune...:lol

Heidi - I'm not sure what Jazz Odyssey is, but when someone in the crowd requested it - Jeff replied that he had just played it (a.k.a. just finished tuning his guitar). :)

Spinal Tap

Okay, as the original instigator of this Living Room Group, Show #1, I need to address a difficult topic.

The Letters to Santa shows are a charity event. Since Jeff and Sue were so giving of their time and energy, there have been some guidelines established for all the Living Room shows. We would love to share everything with all of you but we also have an important respect for Jeff and his music, which I

Guest Laminated Kat
I don't think it can be karma when you know what you're getting. :dancing

Ah, I see.

I knew what was coming back to me. But the level it came back to me is a different story. Really, Saturday night ranks as one of my best nights ever.

:monkey I loved when Jeff said that he reads VC from time to time, and he called out VCers who complain that "Wilco shows are all the same songs". He said that they have played over 100 different songs last year and that they obviously need to promote the newest music.

He also said something like

ok - i am venturing out of lurkdom!!! what an amazing weekend! thanks millions to jeff and sue for offering up 4 nights in all for the benefit of these kids!!! edie and leigh - we couldn't have been there without you! to all the vcr's who i'd never met - it was terrific and i hope to see you again at shows down the road. as for the neil tune (motion pictures) it was my request as i'd missed the emailed request list. it really turned out not to be the right tune for the night as it was really a sing-along kind of evening. jeff kindly apologized after for not playing it...but really that was the right move. btw - when i asked him if he knew it, earlier in the dining room, he sang a few lines immediately...so trust me, he was right on top of the lyrics! sara

Hey -- I already apologized to you for my loud singing (thanks for apologizing to others on my behalf though)!!! :D

Oh, I was talking about mine. I think we were a little too close to that microphone though. :ermm

ok - i am venturing out of lurkdom!!!

YAY Sara!!!!

I want to relate how I got involved with this crazy shit.

Sara and I meet when we are 6 years old, become bestest pals. Then during 6th grade, she moves to Philly, and I move one town north. We totally lose touch after a very short time. Sara becomes a wistful, distant memory to me.

Fast forward 25 years. I am at my 20th reunion. Sara is there due to another absolute fluke (the details of which I will not go into now). When I see her I immediately recognize her and spontaneously start sobbing that I thought I would never see her again. We talk some and I could tell we had a lot in common. But since it was a reunion, we both move on and talk to other people. We exchange email addresses (a relatively new technology then). We write a few emails and xmas cards, but nothing too serious.

Fast forward to 2004. Sara emails me out of the blue and says that she is going to be in town on the weekend of 10/30 -- was I going to be around and had I ever heard of a band called Wilco? I say, why yes, I am and yes I had heard their music often ('XRT) even though I had never bought any since I didn't buy ANY music. She says she has tix to go to see them at the Auditorium Theatre. I say great, let's go and please stay with us at our condo on Ridge. So she does, we go to the show. While I liked the show -- which was great -- I didn't know much of the music. Sara also gives me several shows to listen to. I do and I liked them enormously. We discover that incredibly, we have lived parallel lives and have soooo much in common. We are now great friends -- again.

Fast forward again to April 2005 -- Sara and I head to Jazz Fest and she of course copps tix for Wilco's State Palace Theatre show the night before. We are very close to the front (I was right behind bbop) and I was knocked out by the sheer power, delicacy and beauty of it, like we all have been in some way. I fall in love with the music. I then get 2 tix for one of the May Vic shows, and sadly Sara couldn't be there. I look for a way to sell it, and stumble into VC and befriend Kidsmoke. Talk about serendipity.

I now have been to 7 or 8 Wilco shows in Chicago and elsewhere (with and without Sara)

I own almost all Wilco's studio stuff, but am missing a few things like MAII

I own the Kot book and the DVD

I have numerous boots of shows that have been given to me and that I have downloaded

I have discovered many bands that I never would have due to the good taste and generosity of people here

When this crazy show thing happened, I signed up for 3 seats (me, Scott and Sara). At that time, Sara was deep in the rainforest in Brazil and didn't know about it until mid-December! She called me from Miami on her way home, responding to my several voicemails to call ASAP. Her first words? "OK, where are we going for NYE?" Obviously, it was even better than that!! :lol

However, the most IMPORTANT part of this is that Sara and I reconnected, and the through her, I have made a number of real friends here on VC and for that I am eternally grateful.