Some recent Ryan Adams messageboard posts

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, apparently Tennessee sucks in the summer.

:lol

i loved this:

get first place on galaga.

thats it.

while he doesn't exactly have a "way with words", his comments about the curfew are more than legit

I felt JCN was a superior release to cold roses. I think A-man was the only person in america who liked 29

I loved 29. Voices, 29, and Strawberry wine are some of my favorite adams songs of all time

I think a lot of what he's saying is bullshit. Last time he played Chicago (Riviera in fall of 2004), he came on late and let the audience wait for like an hour and a half while he was getting a tatoo or some shit, then played until the 11:00 curfew. Then he says "oh, the venue has a curfew, so we had to get off". He probably played for like an hour or so.

I think a lot of what he's saying is bullshit. Last time he played Chicago (Riviera in fall of 2004), he came on late and let the audience wait for like an hour and a half while he was getting a tatoo or some shit, then played until the 11:00 curfew. Then he says "oh, the venue has a curfew, so we had to get off". He probably played for like an hour or so.

That story is reminiscent of Jagger's 'My makeup will look better on film if we go on at night' trip at Altamont.

Thankfully no one was killed at the Riviera!

Scott

Well, despite the Knoxville 'drama', the shows seem to have kicked serious ass.

The last two nights have seen two shows where no song was repeated.

7/29/06

The Tabernacle, Atlanta

Set 1:

To Be Young

Beautiful Sorta

Magnolia Mountain

My Winding Wheel

Please Do Not Let Me Go

Dear Chicago

A Kiss Before I Go

Rescue Blues

Meadowlake Street ->

Bird Song (The Grateful Dead)

The End

When The Stars Go Blue

Set 2:

Sylvia Plath (solo piano)

Oh My Sweet Carolina

Let It Ride

Shakedown on 9th Street ->

Franklin's Tower (The Grateful Dead) ->

I See Monsters

Encore:

What Sin ->

Stella Blue (The Grateful Dead) ->

He's Gone (The Grateful Dead)

Hickory Wind (Gram Parsons)

Wish You Were Here

7/30/06

The Tabernacle, Atlanta

Peaceful Valley

Cold Roses

Mockingbird Song ->

Trains

Games

Cherry Lane

Nightbirds

World War 24

Now That That It's Over

This House Is Not For Sale

Lost Satellite (Neal Casal Song) ->

September

Why Do They Leave?

Wonderwall

Hardest Part

Blue Hotel

Two Hearts

Promises

La Cienega Just Smiled

This Is It

Note To Self Don't Die

Come Pick Me Up

7/29/06

The Tabernacle, Atlanta

Set 1:

To Be Young

Beautiful Sorta

Magnolia Mountain

My Winding Wheel

Please Do Not Let Me Go

Dear Chicago

A Kiss Before I Go

Rescue Blues

Meadowlake Street ->

Bird Song (The Grateful Dead)

The End

When The Stars Go Blue

Set 2:

Sylvia Plath (solo piano)

Oh My Sweet Carolina

Let It Ride

Shakedown on 9th Street ->

Franklin's Tower (The Grateful Dead) ->

I See Monsters

Encore:

What Sin ->

Stella Blue (The Grateful Dead) ->

He's Gone (The Grateful Dead)

Hickory Wind (Gram Parsons)

Wish You Were Here

7/30/06

The Tabernacle, Atlanta

Peaceful Valley

Cold Roses

Mockingbird Song ->

Trains

Games

Cherry Lane

Nightbirds

World War 24

Now That That It's Over

This House Is Not For Sale

Lost Satellite (Neal Casal Song) ->

September

Why Do They Leave?

Wonderwall

Hardest Part

Blue Hotel

Two Hearts

Promises

La Cienega Just Smiled

This Is It

Note To Self Don't Die

Come Pick Me Up

:worship :wub

Move 'The Hardest Part', 'La Cienega', and 'Come Pick Me Up' to night one, and that's pretty much my dream setlist.

I saw RA and The Cardinals in Charleston on Friday. It kicked some serious ass. He did play too much "Love Is Hell" for my taste(one of my least favorite RA cds), but despite that it still rocked. You can tell they are on a tight schedule. Ryan is doing VERY little talking at the shows and just trying to get in as many songs as possible. For the last 3 songs he was glancing at his watch(I only noticed because I was on the front row standing directly in front of him). It was clear that he was on a deadline of some sorts(whether out of respect to the roadcrew and the venue, I don't know). But he was clearly enjoying himself, so it wasn't out of spite. And he hasn't been drinking either, just straight business it seems. Tje show was a little over 2 hours of straight music and a tiny intermission.

Highlights of the night for me were Houses On The Hill, Hickory Wind(Gram Parsons), A Kiss Before I Go, To Be Young, Dear Chicago, and Elizabeth You Were Born To Play The Part(stunning encore, could hear a pin drop..I didn't like this song prior to witnessing him play it solo on a piano 3 feet from me in a silenced room of over 1000).

My RA list of albums, it's ever-changing though(released and unreleased):

1)My 2 b-sides, demos, and rarities mixes

2)Gold

3)Pneumonia

4)Heartbreaker

5)48 Hours

6)Strangers Almanac

7)Cold Roses

8)Faithless St

9)JCN

10)Destroyer Sessions

11)Fucker Demos

12)Demolition

13)Forever Valentine

14)Suicide Handbook

followed by a DISTANT few that rarely see my cd laserbeam.....

33)Love Is Hell

44)Rock N Roll

57)29

It'd be fair to say Ryan will play "Dear Chicago" at Lollapalooza, right?? :pray

No, because he didn't play "Oh My Sweet Carolina" in Myrtle Beach or Charleston. Yet, he played it in Atlanta the next night. That man has no rhyme or reason. He did play "Hickory Wind" though, but he played that in GA as well. So that's probably a new staple, and I thought he did it just for us South Carolina folks:hmm

No, because he didn't play "Oh My Sweet Carolina" in Myrtle Beach or Charleston. Yet, he played it in Atlanta the next night. That man has no rhyme or reason. He did play "Hickory Wind" though, but he played that in GA as well. So that's probably a new staple, and I thought he did it just for us South Carolina folks:hmm

:ohwell You took the wind right out of my sails, man.

I think I should begin listening...where to start?

Heartbreaker. :yes

I was at the 7/29 show. It was fabulous, but not as loose/playful as the first R.A. show I saw. Incredible setlist except I don't exactly need FOUR Dead covers. I would have gladly traded two of those for La Cienega and Come Pick Me Up or some other combination of songs. I love Note to Self, too. That would have been fun. Actually, looking close, I love 90% of both of those setlists. It's a wonder I don't listen to his stuff more than I do. I loathed large parts of last year's three albums but when I see the songs listed seperately and split up like that, they all look good.