Raleigh, NC NCMA

The first word that comes to my mind is AWESOME. Was it just me, or was he on the way to playing Passenger Side when someone yelled something stupid, and Jeff said he couldn't remember how to play it?

Jeff is definitely proud, as based on his long diatribe to that guy about confidence. that was pretty funny. Does anybody know who that was?

That would be my younger, somewhat more immature brother. After that [great] bit, he kept his mouth shut, except when Jeff talked to him a few more times.

Best concert I've been to for quite some time, and it's definitely an experience my brother and I won't forget!

That would be my younger, somewhat more immature brother. After that [great] bit, he kept his mouth shut, except when Jeff talked to him a few more times.

Best concert I've been to for quite some time, and it's definitely an experience my brother and I won't forget!

haha, I kinda felt bad for him after Jeff said all of that even though it was all in good fun.

I was in the middle of the group of talkers who would not stop talking and getting mocked by Jeff Tweedy through out the show. I did get some great pictures . I was mocked by Jeff for admiting the fact that I enjoyed the show even though I drove 10 hours to see it. I was not disappointed at all even though it was a short set. It will be one of my favorite concert experiences by far. Pics to come soon.

I was mocked by Jeff for admiting the fact that I enjoyed the show even though I drove 10 hours to see it.

That was you? :lol I kept an eye out for you, but we were on the lawn so I guess that's why I didn't see you.

And I'd just like to echo everyone else's sentiments. It was great getting to meet more VC'ers and see my first solo Tweedy show. Highlights for me were Airline to Heaven and Jeff's fumbling of ELT (I think Jeff said that was humiliating!). I didn't really notice any talkers/drunkards until the encore. Not sure if it was because they had just moved behind us then or because I was so entranced by the show.

Also, acoustic Spiders is about 10,000 times greater than AGIB Spiders.

Hey, what's up guys...

That was my first solo Jeff Tweedy show and I am STILL stoked about it! I've been dying to see him live for a long time. Now I'll make it a point to catch his show every time he's in NC!

His version of Walken was AWESOME!!!! I was hoping for a few more Wilco tunes...Sunken Treasure and stuff like that...but even though I wasn't too familiar with alot of the stuff he played, I still enjoyed every song he played!

Can't wait to get a recording of the show! (I was sitting to the right of the stage where that annoying light was!) Did anyone else hear that guy near me yelling, "Play something DANCY!" every chance he got??

Wierd.

• 1 month later...

I drove from Atlanta for this show and was in the front row, center (of the actual seats. I did not know that there was GA up front, but that is a whole other issue...). There were these three girls right beside me (who were not in their correct seats, I met the guys who belonged there), that would NOT shut up. I finally turned to the one closest to me and said "I did not drive 6 hours to hear you talk!". She didn't like that and finally left a while later.

The Asheville show from last fall was really loud with chatting too. Weird.

Great show - but too many annoying loud mouths up front who don't understand common courtesies like not talking throughout an entire show (esp. an acoustic one) and not annoying the performer amongst others. Great set. No "Gun" but that wasn't completely shocking. (So I'm listening to it now from his Vic performance a while back.) There was even a Brian Paulson dedication, which was sweet.

I was blinded by plenty of flashes, so I'm assuming someone will be posting some photos soon? Were there any tapers there?

I need to get to bed (have to be up in 5 hrs) - setlist coming from Jeremy (who was sitting behind me) otherwise I'd attempt one right now. Basic overall thought: Fantastic performance - lousy loudmouths. Last time loudmouths annoyed me this much was at the Charlotte show - what's up with NC Wilco fans?