Nice work; beautiful child. Do you want me to send the three bucks or so of Canadian change I have collected for her college fund?

What a lovely little girl! :cheekkiss Does she have a tiny toque yet?

AIMtoque.jpg

She's beautiful! How did everything go?

We're all doing very well... so well, in fact, that we were able to come home yesterday. (I could have opted to stay in the hospital a little longer, but I wanted to free up the private room for another new family to enjoy.)

I went into labour shortly before 1:00 on Monday morning and left for the hospital around 8:30 am. Fortunately, I was able to have a natural birth, as I'd hoped (with a little "laughing gas" to take the edge off the contractions during transition - hey, I'm no martyr!). Hannah was born at 1:36 that afternoon. Hiring a doula was definitely a smart move and Doug was also amazingly supportive in the delivery room despite having spent the last week and a half working on the house with little or no sleep each night.

In the early hours of Monday morning, Doug was still frantically trying to finish the bathroom/laundry reno when I informed him that I was pretty sure this was "the real thing." He, of course, was in denial and continued taping and mudding drywall for a couple more hours until he finally admitted defeat. :ermm :lol

Polly is staying at the kennel (Pug Med Resort - ha!) until Friday. I'll let you know how the "sibling rivalry" goes. I'm pretty sure that when the baby starts dropping food on the floor they will become fast friends. Until then... :hmm

I thought this is how babies were delivered in Canada:

wt_109b.jpg

Good for you for doing it yourself! and congratulations to you both ... you have much joy

and little sleep ahead. :cheekkiss