Heartbreaking News

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff - Listening to your music and seeing you onstage always makes me feel such joy when things can be rough. I do wish there was something we could do to return the favor for you now. Thinking of you and your family and looking forward to seeing you soon.

Sincerely,

Ashley

Dear Jeff & Family,

You don't know us, but my wife and I had the great fortune to meet you (& Glenn) after the Lincoln, NE solo show this past February. You were both so gracious and kind to all of the fans standing in the freezing cold; it was something we will never forget.

Words seem so inadequate at a time like this, but we wanted to send our deepest sympathies to you, your wife and sons, and to all of your family at this difficult time. We are sending all of our best wishes that you may find much comfort and peace in the days ahead through the love and support of your family, friends, and fans too.

Thinking of you,

Adam, Melissa, & Aidan

Sons are the anchors of a mother's life. ~ Sophocles

these news saddened me intensely, Jeff, so I want to wish moral strenght and happy memories of your mother keep inspiring you as I'm convinced always inspired you. Condelences to you, Jeff, your wife Sue, and all your family.

My thought are with you.

Elena.

I have nothing to say that hasnt already been said. I am thinking of you and your family and wishing you all the best during this tough time.

Our mothers are the ones that believe in us when no one else does. It's their faith in us that gives us the courage to take a step when we are afraid to fall.

Our mothers are the presidents of our fan clubs.

I just saw you perform last night in Oxford, and in reading the show reviews, realized that you are so recently grieving. Thank you for sharing your gift of music even when wading through such sorrow. We all feel like we know you, Jeff. Hopefully these messages can give you a glimpse of the deep emotions everyone has for you.

Peace to you, Sue, and the boys,

Wendy, Richie, Phillip & James Trenthem

Memphis, TN

Dear Tweedy Family

So sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during these difficult times.

I also lost my mother a couple of years ago. Although you will all miss your mother and grandmother, her

love and support will continue to give you strength and at unpredictable moments, flashes of memories will bring her back fresh and strong. From all I've read, etc. sounds as though you all will have a cherry ghost watching out for you.

Sincere condolences

Lorna and Bill Mulliken- Chicago

Jo Tweedy showed me hospitality, affection, talked to me when she knew I was homesick, cooked for me, did my laundry let me and Jeff watch Shakes the Clown in the front room. That's just the beginning. . . .

Deep condolences to Jeff and family.

Bill Belzer

Sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even begin to imagine the pain. Hopefully the music is bringing some kind of release. Good vibes to the whole Tweedy clan in the coming times.

Tweedy Family,

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

May you find comfort after the loss of your dear one.

She lived a beautiful, giving life.

~Brittany

I was really, really sad to hear this news. Having almost lost my mother 2 years ago, I can't even begin to imagine what Jeff and family are feeling.

This is hard even posting this because I simply don't have the words....and I'm a writer who constantly deals with words.

Just speaking as a guy who has been fortunate to have a mom for the 25 years of my life, and not speaking as my rock critic alter-ego, my deepest, deepest condolences to Jeff and his entire family, and to friends of the family that knew Jeff's mom.

Chris Castaneda & Family.