Favorite JT song from UT days

Tough call, so many great songs get left out in the cold.

Flatness

Gun

Black Eye

Fatal Wound

Long Cut

New Madrid

Not trying to derail the thread, but listening back over those records to come up with that list (and leaving off some absolute classics due to the size) makes me wish Wilco would play some of those songs live. It probably seems like looking backwards, I can see why an artist who is still putting out new music wouldn't want to do it, but it'd be fresher than old Wilco catalog material and God knows it beats the crap out of a lot of the piano balladry they've been doing lately. Then again, it'd be something like sacrilege to put a song like Fatal Wound under the tender mercies of the two piano attack so maybe it's just as well they don't play 'em.

Train - I'd love to hear Tweedy sing this song now.

Cold Shoulder - An underappreciated song. The bass line is siiiick. This one is incredible.

Screen Door

New Madrid

Acuff Rose

Gun

In no particular order.

i'd also love to see some of these return in wilco shows. we been had was a regular till the end of the YHF tour and New madrid is the only one that shows up these days.

Gun and We been had would make nice rockers in the encore section :rock

nice to see he still busts them out during the solo shows

Let's make it top 8. Then I will add Wherever and Wait up.

To be honest, I'm surprised at the resounding vote for Gun, not one of my favorites on Still Feel Gone at all, though hearing live solo versions helped me to see its greatness.

I can't even begin to list my faves...I love just about everything I've ever heard from UT.I just wanna punch myself in the face that they played dozens of times an hour or less from my house & I never went to see 'em.Shame on me for being so Deadicated at the time.

As good as their originals were,their covers were amazing as well....esp. I Wanna Destroy You,Satan,etc.,etc...

To be honest, I'm surprised at the resounding vote for Gun, not one of my favorites on Still Feel Gone at all, though hearing live solo versions helped me to see its greatness.

2 more:

i wanna be your dog

long cut

as for gun, i think the tune has/had top 40 material. i dont know how popular the band was in the states during that time, but it as single potential

side with Gun, i was listening to it in the office at low volume a few weeks back and one guy in there asks me "is that the foo fighters?" :lol

Gun is the best pop song from the first half of the 1990s. Hands down.

Gun

New Madrid

Acuff Rose

Wait Up

Wherever

and, um, We've Been Had