Let's Not Get Carried Away (New Song) Louisville recording HERE!!

Hey folks -

Here's the long-awaited recording of the new song Let's Not Get Carried Away, taped by Jon Ice. Until I can get his permission to convert, I'm going to spread it in lossless format, but hopefully that'll change some time tomorrow.

Thanks so much to Jon for his quick turnaround.

EDIT: Luckily he doesn't mind. Here's an mp3 link, in addition to the FLAC.

EDIT 2: Now with the official title! The mp3 is still called wreck myself, so don't get confused.

Wilco - Let's Not Get Carried Away (2006-10-08) mp3

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l9tkpt

Permalink thanks to gurghi:

http://homepage.mac.com/gurghi/FileSharing17.html

Wilco - Let's Not Get Carried Away (2006-10-08) FLAC

http://www.sendspace.com/file/n52hrr

PS: Yes, there's a thread for this song already, but it's a little long - who's going to keep searching all the way to the end?

EDIT 3: Full show is now up at http://bt.viachicago.org/details.php?id=605. It's a reseed of the etree posting (http://bt.viachicago.org/details.php?id=605), so if you got it from there, seed away!

Edited by HaikuWarriors41
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much to Jon for his quick turnaround.

Ditto, been waiting to hear it.

Impressions... Oh, snap! Jeff is a funny guy.

I wouldn't call it a rocker in the punk or garage sense (like I'm A Wheel), it's more like 80's cock rock done by The Band.

Thanks for sharing. This one rocks, and wrecks me! I love Wilco, still. Can't wait to hear the new one, though am really sad I can't see any of the shows on this tour. Will be listening to the 9:30 webcast.

:rock

I think this is the best song they've written in a while. It's fuckin amazing.

Considering it's the 3rd time they've played it live, who knows how it'll come out on record. But it's some great raw material, and in subject and tone it bridges back to Being There, to Lonely One & Dreamer in My Dreams. Pretty clear, happily, that Jeff & co. are OK with being a rock band. More power to 'em.

Guest Speed Racer

I do like it, though I would shoot my own foot before I compared its lyrics to Dreamer in My Dreams...

From the rumors spilling around I was expecting it to be a bit more uptempo, but it was alright.

Edited by Speed Racer
From the rumors spilling around I was expecting it to be a bit more uptempo, but it was alright.

Were you here when Late Greats was first played? It was hailed as this amazing rocker and then when the shows were uploaded it was like... whu?! You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means, etc. I've come to like the newer live versions, but just because a song has an amped up guitar doesn't make it a rocker.

Maybe it's just people's different idea of what music is, when I think of trash I think of something like Jeffrey Novak.

For me the best thing about this song is Jeff's vocals, he doesn't sound bored.

This is what I posted in the other thread. But the more and more I listen to it the better it gets.

I think the song has lot's of potential. Jeff's falsetto is great on this song. But I think ultimately why everyone doesn't like this song is the guitar playing, and I somewhat agree. I would enjoy this song more if the guitar playing was more melodic. The song still has alot of room to grow.

THIS. SONG. KICKS. ASS.

I was lucky o be at the debut (Purdue).

Yes, that was a wonderful moment in what was a very touching night.

I just love the drum solo bit, funny and appropriate in its place.

LouieB

I still have a part of this song on video sittin' on my computer, but youtube or yahoo video won't let me upload it. Since it is right around the 100MB file limit for those sites, I'm not sure how to share it if you guys would like to see it. I'm new to the boards, any suggestions on what to do with it....

I still have a part of this song on video sittin' on my computer, but youtube or yahoo video won't let me upload it. Since it is right around the 100MB file limit for those sites, I'm not sure how to share it if you guys would like to see it. I'm new to the boards, any suggestions on what to do with it....

you could always upload it to yousendit.com or sendspace.com

This is the best song of the bunch i think, it doesn't get much better than this. and this comment only comes halfway through listening to it. Its a rocker but its all Wilco and nothing short of great.

Edited by Darkhorse

Saw/heard it live a couple night ago in Huntsville (great show), but I didn't know what to think of it.

Thanks for uploading this. The more I listen, the more I like.

Can't wait to hear the studio version.