Let's Not Get Carried Away (New Song) Louisville recording HERE!!

This is the best song of the bunch i think, it doesn't get much better than this. and this comment only comes halfway through listening to it. Its a rocker but its all Wilco and nothing short of great.

I agree with Dalton. Of all the new Wilco songs, this one is, in my opinion, the worst! If it wasn't for the drum solo (unique to this song) I would think it was horrible. I'm not sure what direction they're headed with crap like this. Some of the other new tunes (Walken, Is that the Thanks I Get) are good but this one's not. I surely hope it grows on me.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what direction they're headed with crap like this.

The direction seems to be, go back to the AM rejects, cop a riff which appears once or twice in the song, and then make a whole new song out of it.

The direction seems to be, go back to the AM rejects, cop a riff which appears once or twice in the song, and then make a whole new song out of it.

That's a bit harsh.......however,I believe that Jay(Bennett) was a great sound board for Jeff's songwriting........testing Jeff's paitence to the point of kickin' him out......only time will tell but Jay's talent in this band measured up to whatever Jeff's strong points.

-Robert.

Please elaborate kind sir.

The verse chord progression for LNGCA is 100% identical to the opening riff of Hesitating Rock, which was an outtake from the A.M. sessions. And despite a chorus which went "Rock rock rock... Let's hear it for rock'n'roll", it's a much better song than the new one.

I can't seem to download this song, but it sounds like most of the new songs Wilco is playing. I personally love the rockers. I would love to go to a Wilco show and not hear a single ballad or down tempo song. Bring out the ROCK!! (not Pete Doherty's) I dig well-written lyrics, and of course it's nice to have them together with great music, and Ashes of American Flags is a great song, but doesn't exactly rock my world, especially live. AM haters better move on, from the looks of this new album (I'll still be around)!

It's sad how so many people just can't enjoy a good straight-forward rock song these days. If it doesn't have blips and bloops or pop undertones then it can't be good.

It's sad how so many people assume the reason others are unimpressed is because they "can't enjoy a good straight-forward rock song," especially since it's such a superficial presumption. I, for one, love a good rock song, and usually love when Wilco rocks out, but still feel that most of the new songs in their current incarnations are not particularly strong examples of good rock songs. It's not the genre that's in question, you see, it's the level of achievement within the genre.

To paraphrase caliber, it's sad how so many people just can't let other people dislike what they dislike these days.

It's sad how so many people assume the reason others are unimpressed is because they "can't enjoy a good straight-forward rock song," especially since it's such a superficial presumption. I, for one, love a good rock song, and usually love when Wilco rocks out, but still feel that most of the new songs in their current incarnations are not particularly strong examples of good rock songs. It's not the genre that's in question, you see, it's the level of achievement within the genre.

To paraphrase caliber, it's sad how so many people just can't let other people dislike what they dislike these days.

That's not the conclusion I was drawing. I just notice a lot of people seem to hate this side of Wilco and would prefer Wilco do another YHF which isn't going to happen. It bothers me about a lot of bands' fans who want them to always sound like their favorite album.

People can dig what they want--I'm expressing my feelings to those who don't want Wilco to change.

This song has been growing on me. The first playthrough I was kind of dissappointed, but it's been cycling through my playlist and now I can't help but sing along enjoy it. It's definitely a little bit different style for Wilco, but hey, AM -> Being There -> Summerteeth -> YHF -> AGIB... Wilco is constantly changing yet always having that wilco-ish sound. I love it @_@