dvd audio tracks: downloading problems and

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although, you bring up a good point: IT'S FREE. And, you will get them eventually, one way or another. The page says they're having technical difficulties, and then thanks you for your patience. :brow

:P

Actually, they are not free. Purchase of the DVD is required to access the songs. In fact, the 24 tracks were marketed as a package with the DVD. If they were truly "free", the link would have been posted on the website, available without purchase.

Actually, they are not free. Purchase of the DVD is required to access the songs. In fact, the 24 tracks were marketed as a package with the DVD. If they were truly "free", the link would have been posted on the website, available without purchase.

no, they're free.

Guest Speed Racer
So someone who didn't buy the DVD can get the tracks? Not free.

Agree to disagree. It's like a prize in the cereal box; it exceeds the price of the box, but you get it anyway - only if you buy the Trix.

Does it really matter that we discuss the price of the bonus tracks?

She can say no more.
apdance.jpg

The same was true of the More Like the Moon tracks with purchase of YHF. Now they're just out there, on the website. Obviously there's no guarantee, but I'm guessing they'll all be available eventually.
not on any of the officially listed songs, but on family gardener, radio king etc, the in between songs there sometimes is

Do you think (or know) that the downloads will include some of those "interlude" songs, but without the extraneous talking etc.? that would be awesome.

And while it amounts to little more than semantics, the tracks are not really free. They are part of what you paid for when you bought the dvd. The only reason this matters is that it would not be appropriate to post the tracks here for download, because that would take away that extra incentive to buy.

But I'm certainly not here to police anyone. I'm just sayin'... :D

ps. I still haven't been able to download my tracks either. :brow

And while it amounts to little more than semantics, the tracks are not really free. They are part of what you paid for when you bought the dvd. The only reason this matters is that it would not be appropriate to post the tracks here for download, because that would take away that extra incentive to buy.

I like Speed's analogy, that they're like the prize in a box of cereal. Would you have not bought the DVD if there weren't going to be extra tracks available? Or would we all have expected to pay a lower price for it? I don't know, but I doubt it.

BUT... I also agree that it's not appropriate to post them here for download. The tracks are available (or, will be shortly :pray :P ) for people who bought the DVD (those of you without DVD drives: have you contacted wilco hq to ask for an alternate means of downloading those?).

apdance.jpg

The same was true of the More Like the Moon tracks with purchase of YHF. Now they're just out there, on the website. Obviously there's no guarantee, but I'm guessing they'll all be available eventually.

:lol ha! this is exactly what i was thinking when reading a-man's post!

speaking of downloading problems... a while back i bought some stuff off of the wilco store... it said if you ordered 30$ or more worth of goods, you'd be able to dl a bunch of .mp3's... did anybody cash in on this? anyway, due to computer hassles, i didn't download them within the specified window and i missed out.

boo-urns...

the question is: what did i miss? was it good? should i be choked?

no, they're free.

Yeah, they are difinitely free.

So someone who didn't buy the DVD can get the tracks? Not free.

you people are insane, will this become one of the great VC debates

Should I stand or sit when listing to the FREE Dls

Can I talk during the time I listen to the FREE DLs

maybe wilcoworld can figure a way to keep drunk frat boys from getting the FREE DLs

If I shout request at my computer during the DL process will it play my song? :punch

This suxs! I downloaded all of the files and only 6 files work..all the others

are damaged files! I bought the dvd!! cant someone just pm a sendspace link already!! Ill show you proof I bought the dvd if I have to..I just want to get the tracks already!!

:(