dvd audio tracks: downloading problems and

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the tracks have been lovingly encoded (by me) using the LAME Encoder and are 256kbps Variable Bit Rate MP3s. They were all quality checked and all downloaded and listened to by a handful of testers before we went live. If you download the file completely, you should not have any problem unzipping or listening to them. They are not corrupted.

The issue with the downloads not working was an issue with certain versions of Windows failing to connect successfully to the server all of the time, compounded by an unknown bug in QuickTime (which is now known), and the server being overwhelmed by requests. All of those issues have been dealt with. And we will be adding an additional server shortly...'cause we realize the downloads are slow.

That said, the downloads are working again. If you encounter issues with the downloads, etc. you can contact us at support@wilcoworld.net and we will try and help you out, as long as you're nice...

Let freedom ring.

wilco hq

All of the tracks have been lovingly encoded (by me) using the LAME Encoder and are 256kbps Variable Bit Rate MP3s. They were all quality checked and all downloaded and listened to by a handful of testers before we went live. If you download the file completely, you should not have any problem unzipping or listening to them. They are not corrupted.

The issue with the downloads not working was an issue with certain versions of Windows failing to connect successfully to the server all of the time, compounded by an unknown bug in QuickTime (which is now known), and the server being overwhelmed by requests. All of those issues have been dealt with. And we will be adding an additional server shortly...'cause we realize the downloads are slow.

That said, the downloads are working again. If you encounter issues with the downloads, etc. you can contact us at support@wilcoworld.net and we will try and help you out, as long as you're nice...

Let freedom ring.

wilco hq

YAY, this is still taking for freakin ever tho!

Perhaps I need to read for comprehension, but this thread seems to say the downloads are working, yet the downloads are not working for me, nor did I get an e-mail saying they were working.

Yep, not working for me either. What do I need to do this can anyone here help me out? :ermm

This is really getting annoying. I don't mean to complain to the guys at Wilcoworld, but I figured there could be some hiccups and have tried to be patient.

I got an email today saying that the downloads were working. When I tried to open the quicktime file in the extras folder, it just sat there, frozen. Ctl+ALT+DEL told me it was not responding, so I tried again. Same thing. I tried it again, and after a couple of minutes, it brought up the menu with the songs. Since it was only downloading at about 3kb a second, I figured I'd wait til the servers stopped taking a hit.

Now, the file itself isn't working at all. I'm getting a "this is not a movie file" message. Very frustrating.

I know this seems like one long complaint, but I don't mean for it to be. Just frustrating to not have something work when you want it to. Much thanks to everybody at Wilcoworld for getting this together and putting up with our complaints.

Anyone else having a similar problem, though?

I have to say, this thread is unnerving. :realmad

For cripe's sake people, you're complaining about something given to you by a band who has streamed their last two albums for free, streamed the entire DVD for free, has a roadcase on their website...for free, and lets us tape and trade their shows...FOR FREE!

I'd be willing to bet, given all the other cool stuff they do for us, that the folks at HQ aren't exactly thrilled that folks are now or were at any point having difficulties.

Chill out, be patient and have some faith in this band who takes care of their fans.

Now, the file itself isn't working at all. I'm getting a "this is not a movie file" message.

Anyone else having a similar problem, though?

I'm also getting the "Error -2048: this is not a movie file" in a small little error box without ever opening up Quicktime (at least visibly). I was getting the page explaining they were having difficulties earlier. I'm not really worried, I know the band will come through in the end, I'm just hoping the error message will help the folks at Wilco HQ figure out what the problem is.

Usernames starting with A-M should download tonight. N-Z tomorrow night. Avoid overloading the servers. ;)

like any of these selfish bastards would follow any sort of guidelines, especially if it meant they'd have to wait even longer to get their precious files.

I have to say, this thread is unnerving. :realmad

For cripe's sake people, you're complaining about something given to you by a band who has streamed their last two albums for free, streamed the entire DVD for free, has a roadcase on their website...for free, and lets us tape and trade their shows...FOR FREE!

I'd be willing to bet, given all the other cool stuff they do for us, that the folks at HQ aren't exactly thrilled that folks are now or were at any point having difficulties.

Chill out, be patient and have some faith in this band who takes care of their fans.

this is the best post in this thread! :thumbup

I can download now! :dancing

It's incredibly slow, but I imagine that's because everyone's trying to do it right now. I'm going to just finish this one song and do the rest tomorrow. Mostly, I'm just happy to know that this will definitely work.

big ups to HQ for working with everyone. :thumbup i will admit i was frustrated myself, just because i really wanted to hear the tracks. the wilcoworld crew was always communicative and on the ball, though, so I was never mad at them. Just impatient to hear the tunes! I think that's how the other "complainers" felt as well, so don't be too hard on them.