The Jewel In Your Vinyl Crown

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These two albums strongly stick out in my mind of getting exceptionally heavy play in my youth:

200px-BetweenButtonsLP.jpg

:cheers one of the very first records I ever owned.My parents bought me that when I was like Kindergarten age!

"and remember if you're out tonite,on your bike,WEAR WHITE....evenin' all"

Inherited some old 78s from a grandmother who loved show tunes. I guess its not Vinyl, but the Mary Martin South Pacific 'Album' is a lot of fun.

"happy-talking, happy-talking, happy talk"

Also found some old Stanley Holloway Christmas routines. They are a lot of fun to bring out on the holidays.

I bless the day that I got that old Dual 78-playing turntable. You press in both the 33 and 45 rpm buttons at the same time and the thing starts whizzing around.

Music From Big Pink is pretty cool too.

That's the one that seems to allude me. I have seen all their albums on vinyl but that one I have never seen. Some day...

anyways

The Band-s/t

The Band-Northern Lights-Southern Cross

John Coltrane-A Love Supreme

The Impressions-The Young Mods' Forgotten Story on red vinyl

Rush-Chronicles (limited edition re-release of their first 3 albums. got it for like $8)

Although it rarely gets aired out anymore,The Pink Floyd's 'Saucerful of Secrets" "Ummagumma" & "Meddle" were a very important part of my teenage years.

tn_asshole_first_pressing_1_front.jpg

Sebadoh's asshole 45. First printing had only 500 in the run, each with a handcolored cover by the band. This one is not what mine looks like, but it's pretty close.

My other crown jewels would have to be some of my rare GBV records (Acid Ranch being the rarest of the crop)

Ryan Adams - Gold, one of the first records I bought for 10 bucks, saw someone else's go for 150 on ebay the other day.

Neil Young - Time Fades Away, a steal at 2 dollars

Neil Young - Tonights the Night, one with the blotter paper cover

Jimi Hendrix - Axis: Bold as Love, just one of my favorite records

my mom has almost every beatles and elvis album........... and they all have hearts drawn over them.

i'm trying to convince her and my dad to sell all their old albums because they just sit in the basement. i'm sure alot of them are worth quite a little bit of money.

• 1 month later...
my mom has almost every beatles and elvis album........... and they all have hearts drawn over them.

i'm trying to convince her and my dad to sell all their old albums because they just sit in the basement. i'm sure alot of them are worth quite a little bit of money.

Sadly hearts drawn on album covers lowers the value significantly, but hey, I'll buy them.

LouieB

• 2 weeks later...

My 45s of The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds singles. I have them all save Brian's solo release of "Caroline, No." Though they're mostly pretty worn...

I have a promo 45 of Pink Floyd's "When The Tigers Broke Free" from 1980 or so. An interesting story behind this 45... "The Final Cut" was meant to be the soundtrack to the Wall film, featuring the movie versions of the Wall songs in addition to the new ones exclusive to the movie. If this single was given a proper release, it would have had the film version of "Bring the Boys Back Home" on the b-side. As we all know though, Roger Waters and the rest of Pink Floyd were barely holding together, and the soundtrack version of The Wall was scrapped (despite it being in the credits of the film). This promo was all that was left over from that project, it seems.

I also have a 1967 Verve pressing of "The Velvet Underground & Nico," unfortunately sans banana. My copy also appears to be a promo (it's mentioned on the label sticker that it's for promotional use only). The only problem is that there's a skip in "Heroin."