Wilcoworld.net news on new album!

Well if you've been keeping up with Jeff's recent solo show banter from the last few days you will know all this but here it is anyways. The songs they mentioned sure excited me!

The band are in the final stretch on the new record' date=' which they're calling "Sky Blue Sky". It's scheduled for worldwide release (Nonesuch Records) on 15 May. Some of the 18+ plus tracks recorded and being considered for inclusion are "Impossible Germany", "Shake it Off", "Glad it's Over", "Side with the Seeds", "Walken" and "Either Way". Watch this space for more updates and maybe even some music soon(ish). Oh, and per the press release, it's the first studio record with the sextet lineup that was heard on the 2-cd live set Kicking Television.[/quote']

[edit: topic sub-title edited by gogo, who is on a merging/moving threads power-kick this morning (threads with substantially similar info/on the same topic will be merged into this one)]

Wilco's new album, "Sky Blue Sky," will arrive May 15 via Nonesuch, frontman Jeff Tweedy said on stage last night (Jan. 17) during a solo show in Nashville. Among the new songs Tweedy has been playing are the title track and "We Can Make It Better."

As a full band, Wilco has also previewed the tracks "Is That the Thanks I Get," "Lullaby for Rafters and Dreams," "On and On and On" and "Walken" in the past year. According to a spokesperson, "Side With the Seeds," "Either Way" and "Glad It's Over" are also in consideration.

"I think people may have an idea in their head about what it will sound like, but it's going to be different than that," Wilco bassist John Stirratt told Billboard.com in November. "Jeff had a lot of creative fire. And also, the way we recorded was so cool because a lot of the arrangements just grew right there with everybody sitting around. I'm over the moon about it. I think it will be a really beautiful record. It's a great time to be in Wilco."

"Sky Blue Sky" is the follow-up to 2004's "A Ghost Is Born," which has sold 346,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Tweedy's solo run continues through Jan. 31 in Charlottesville, Va. The lone Wilco live dates on tap at present are three mid-April shows in Australia: April 16 in Brisbane, April 18 in Melbourne and April 21 in Sydney.

from billboard.com

I'd like to thank you all for nothing

I'd like to thank you all for nothing at all

I'd like to thank you all for nothing

Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing at all

Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing at all

So is "That The Thanks I Get" going on the record because I read in some interviews it is not and on this billboard post it says it is. I really hope it is because the band verison that I heard on Conan last May was killer.

That's too bad because this has been an amazing year of live shows to listen to.

I realize I missed a lot, but at the same time, I really wanted the album to be fresh. I mean, we only get a new Wilco record (not a side-project, or a live album, but a new studio record) once every 2-3 years. This could be the last one we get this decade. I want it to be fresh when I hear it.

I'm proud to say I haven't heard a single new song since they first played "Impossible Germany".

I just decided I'd rather be introduced to the songs in completed form than in live unfinished form.

I realize I missed a lot, but at the same time, I really wanted the album to be fresh. I mean, we only get a new Wilco record (not a side-project, or a live album, but a new studio record) once every 2-3 years. This could be the last one we get this decade. I want it to be fresh when I hear it.

As a full on Wilco fan since 96' I've purposely not heard one song that has been listed as being on the new album "SkyBlue Sky". I want to hear an album that's completely fresh to my ears. I haven't even watched the new Jeff DVD for fear of being exposed. I knew every single song on AGIB before I even had the disc. I had YHF years before I even bought the disc. This one is gonna be different. I'm really excited. Like the good old days.

PS- I may have heard a song or two at a couple of Jeff's shows but did not seek copies of the shows. They are as good as forgotten. B)

I realize I missed a lot, but at the same time, I really wanted the album to be fresh.

I can understand this. I can't resist listening to live bootlegs along the way--it's fun to observe the evolution--but I won't seek the leaked album. I'll wait until I actually have the CD in my hands.