Wilcoworld.net news on new album!

Let's Not Get Carried Away better be on there too or I'm gonna be mad.

I'm with you there. :thumbup I might be mistaken, but I think I might have heard the first live version of that song. Excited the hell out of me. That, and other versions I've got on disc, tells me it NEEDS to be on there.

Songs are just like anything. It's fun to watch 'em grow. Forgive the hyperbole, but not listening to the live versions and waiting it out for the studio takes almost seems like being introduced to your child as an adult. The early years are really indispensible. But opinions will vary, of course.

I was so disappointed in the final versions of the songs on both YHF and AGIB that I, too, have resisted the temptation.

I did hear Walken live when I saw them last year, and I've heard one crappy-sounding bootleg of On and On. I'm hoping that if these songs are all basically new to me, I will like the record and then seek out even better live versions.

In fact, I will seek out live versions eventually anyway, even if Jim O'Rourke ruins the record. :lol

I haven't heard too much of the new stuff. "Walken" and the solo version of "What Light". I think that's about it (other than "The Thanks I Get", but now that we know that's not going to be on the album I'm not counting it).

The release of AGIB was underwhelming for me because I already knew all but maybe 2 of the songs. Trying not to spoil the newness of this one as much. And yes, I do enjoy hearing how the songs evolve over time, but those shows will still be pretty easy to find in a few months, and I can go back and listen to them evolve then, after I already know how they turned out. That can be fun too.

Songs are just like anything. It's fun to watch 'em grow. Forgive the hyperbole, but not listening to the live versions and waiting it out for the studio takes almost seems like being introduced to your child as an adult. The early years are really indispensible. But opinions will vary, of course.

Maybe I just prefer the complete "theme" of an album over single songs. This time I want to hear a new Wilco album instead of a series of singles. B)

as long as it doesn't have that contrived screaming song they ended Tall Stacks with, I 'm cool

If you're referring to Let's Not Get Carried Away, I wonder what you feel about all the Nothing's in Misunderstood.

And at Tall Stacks, Jeff was roughly a week removed from his mother's death, playing his third show in four nights. The emotion was completely there. I didn't see it as contrived in any manner.

I was at Purdue the night they debuted that song. Jeff's emotions were raw: he cried during the show. And the screams during that tune seemed almost therapeutic for him. I felt the same way about the Tall Stacks performance.

If you're referring to Let's Not Get Carried Away, I wonder what you feel about all the Nothing's in Misunderstood.

And at Tall Stacks, Jeff was roughly a week removed from his mother's death, playing his third show in four nights. The emotion was completely there. I didn't see it as contrived in any manner.

I was at Purdue the night they debuted that song. Jeff's emotions were raw: he cried during the show. And the screams during that tune seemed almost therapeutic for him. I felt the same way about the Tall Stacks performance.

They ended with Kingpin at Tall Stacks. The new song status was a Kingpin joke.

Which, if you may recall, had a "contrived screaming part."