Favorite Wilco Song to NOT make a Wilco album?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, I do not know the name of the song, (as I have just now found steady employment and can afford such things as a new computer and high speed internet) but the insturmental they did while recording YHF which consits of mostly piano and Glenn's brushes gently sliding over the snare, (in the movie IATTBYH there are lyrics) is easily one of those "Wilco moments" where I am beyond a Wilco geek just loving a band regardless but rather a witness to something special...a crazy sense of pride in the fact that I can understand just how special what I just listened to was.

I wish it was left as is, and made any record. (without lyrics.)

By the by, if someone could name that tune, I can now download it. (I bought a new computer!)

That's the instrumental version of Let Me Come Home, the version with lyrics was realeased on an Amos House Collection. Excellent, excellent tune.

--Mike

I can't believe anyone said Millionaire. ;)

I agree. Why so many votes for this? Not that anybody really needs to justify what they dig and what they don't, but I hear "Millionaire" as more of a spoken work throw in at shows. It's a short muttering to these ears. I don't even think of it as a song, really.

Is it the that he swears in it?

Rhythm aka Cars Can't Escape is not only my definitive answer to this question, but probably my favorite Wilco song period.

I am glad I was able to capture it when it was on the Roadcase back before they started leaking the AGIB stuff.

Guest Speed Racer

WAIT! Watched IATTBYH today, and I have to say that 'Whispery Kiss' probably wins for me. So what if it's only 7 seconds of an unfinished song? Beautiful, and I wish he'd finished/recorded/released/performed it. :yes

WAIT! Watched IATTBYH today, and I have to say that 'Whispery Kiss' probably wins for me. So what if it's only 7 seconds of an unfinished song? Beautiful, and I wish he'd finished/recorded/released/performed it. :yes

Yeah, I'd love to eventually find out what that snipet is. It's gorgeous.

--Mike

But it's a cover...

I guess that would depend on your interpretation of "by Wilco." In this case, I enjoy the song to such an extent that I view "by Wilco" to mean "performed by the band Wilco or any members thereof."