Favorite Wilco Song to NOT make a Wilco album?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not For The Season (I would have loved the 2002-2003 lineup to record this like they played it live, the version on Loose Fur is great, but not quite the full on sonic assault that it became during those shows. It would have been fantastic on AGIB). And also.. Cars Can't Escape, Venus Stopped The Train, My Words, and Let Me Come Home.

--Mike

Not For The Season (I would have loved the 2002-2003 lineup to record this like they played it live, the version on Loose Fur is great, but not quite the full on sonic assault that it became during those shows. It would have been fantastic on AGIB). And also.. Cars Can't Escape, Venus Stopped The Train, My Words, and Let Me Come Home.

--Mike

Great call. This song has never sounded better to me than when I heard them play it at the January 03 shows in Australia.

Guest tandylacker

No More Poetry

Alone

Magazine Called Sunset

Not For the Season, the Sunken Treasure version, I think the simplicity of this version made the song make sense to me

Blasting Fonda

Nothing Up My Sleeve

Hey, in that order too!

"A Magazine Called Sunset" and "Cars Can't Escape". The fact that they threw away such an obvious pieces of genius really shows Tweedy's dedication to albums over discs full of unrelated singles.

I admire that, I could never do that in the same situation.

I am a fan of Millionaire, Blasting Fonda, Magazine and Cars Can't Escape.

I have been largely unable to get really into the various demos (though at least two of those were on the YHF Demos... go figure)

I can't believe I forgot Millionare

I can't believe anyone said Millionaire. ;)

The original Panthers and My Words are both really good but we've only heard them (as far as I know anyway) in the context of Jeff as a solo performer so I'd have to go with Venus as my favorite unreleased song. Say what you want about Jay and Jeff's relationship with him but they made some pretty great songs together.

I have to admit, I do not know the name of the song, (as I have just now found steady employment and can afford such things as a new computer and high speed internet) but the insturmental they did while recording YHF which consits of mostly piano and Glenn's brushes gently sliding over the snare, (in the movie IATTBYH there are lyrics) is easily one of those "Wilco moments" where I am beyond a Wilco geek just loving a band regardless but rather a witness to something special...a crazy sense of pride in the fact that I can understand just how special what I just listened to was.

I wish it was left as is, and made any record. (without lyrics.)

By the by, if someone could name that tune, I can now download it. (I bought a new computer!)