Diamond Dave's fronting Van Halen again!

On the videos I saw, he stopped the show to complain about the air vents messing up his voice, and to stop a fight in the crowd. He also has all those stories about his dogs and whatnot. It seemed to me he was running the show - that is, he was the boss. I would think they would get tired of that.

It could just be Eddie's cancer has returned.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the videos I saw, he stopped the show to complain about the air vents messing up his voice, and to stop a fight in the crowd. He also has all those stories about his dogs and whatnot. It seemed to me he was running the show - that is, he was the boss. I would think they would get tired of that.

It could just be Eddie's cancer has returned.

It could be a number of reasons...in my order of possibility:

1. Sick of Dave and need time off

2. going to replace those shows with Europe (hinted at in some articles)

3. Eddie Cancer - not likely because if it was they would do treatment now...why would they wait.

4. Poor ticket sales - going back to many markets they were already at.

5. Other - 100% speculation like Wolfie has issues and don't want to burn him out

• 8 months later...

You would have - if you had read the book he put out years ago. It was also mentioned in various interviews in the 1980s.

A lot of people may not know that he actually worked as a paramedic in NYC back in the mid 2000's.

You would have - if you had read the book he put out years ago. It was also mentioned in various interviews in the 1980s.

A lot of people may not know that he actually worked as a paramedic in NYC back in the mid 2000's.

Imagine regaining conciousness and seeing Diamond Dave hovering over you.

It may take me a while, but I am going to watch all of those videos. I was watching the one about video making today. It's somewhat amazing that he can just riff on stuff like that for hours on end. Of course, that gets old at some point.

He should have a reality show.

I never heard his show, but I always wondered why he bombed when he was chosen to replace Howard Stern on the radio.

He bombed because on that radio show he was inexplicably the polar opposite of everything you know and love about Dave. He seemed uncomfortable, unsure of himself and regularly let callers take over the show. It was a disaster.

• 3 months later...

Some upgraded US Festival Van Halen video:

Runnin' With The Devil

(two more on the right hand side of the above link)

On this day (May 29) in 1983, Van Halen headlined the US Festival, a music festival held from 5/28/83 through 5/30/83 at Glen Helen Regional Park in San Bernardino, CA. Van Halen performed on “Heavy Metal Day” (5/29/83) as headliners for the record-setting fee of $1.5 million. The 1984 Guinness Book of World Records created a new category based upon the price of this performance.