Diamond Dave's fronting Van Halen again!

I hope to see VH, since they were my first favorite band as a kid, I've never seen them, and they're playing the night after my 40th birthday. Hopefully, they'll go very light on the new material.

Have you seen ticket prices? $160/ $90 / $65 here in Chicago. $160 to see VH? Huh?

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen ticket prices? $160/ $90 / $65 here in Chicago. $160 to see VH? Huh?

Exactly the price range I would expect these days. I'd go for the $90 tickets. I haven't been to an arena show in probably five years, so I don't mind the splurge.

Yeah it sounds like Sammy-era production with Dave singing (though I can't say they sound like Dave-era vocals). Didn't move me, but maybe the album will have a worthy track or two.

It's ok. I am surprised they didn't go with She's The Woman though.

Pretty bad. I had low expectations and they were not exceeded. Even the guitar solo seemed kind of lame, like someone doing a good impersonation of Eddie. What happened to his guitar tone? Guess he lost the ability to write another Women in Love or Little Dreamer a long time ago.

That is a terrible song. Sounds like a joke ... like Flight of the Concords.

A joke indeed.. Like they are a novelty act, making fun of themselves.

But they'll be laughing all the way to the bank.. Records and tickets will get sold...

I guess Kool & the Gang are opening for them in Chicago - seems like an odd pair. Brandmeier (a Chicago radio broadcaster) is giving out free tickets on the radio now to callers who are calling from their car and have Van Halen blasting, - seems like it 1984-5 all over again (of course they wouldn't be calling from their cars in 84.)

I guess Kool & the Gang are opening for them in Chicago - seems like an odd pair. Brandmeier (a Chicago radio broadcaster) is giving out free tickets on the radio now to callers who are calling from their car and have Van Halen blasting, - seems like it 1984-5 all over again (of course they wouldn't be calling from their cars in 84.)

I would think that is David Lee Roth's idea. Last night, I was thinking about all the shit he wrote about Eddie and Alex in his book. I guess they must have had some long talks to work through all that hatred a few years ago.

Clearly the same basic part at the beginning (I didn't compare all the way through). I don't see any problem with this approach. All bands have older material that resurfaces or gets reworked. It's just too bad that in this case the song isn't good.

I never thought he was much of a singer to begin with - a great front man, a great showman, but not so great of a singer. I am surprised he has not ended up with some sort of reality show. He would be a natural for that sort of thing.

I never thought he was much of a singer to begin with - a great front man, a great showman, but not so great of a singer. I am surprised he has not ended up with some sort of reality show. He would be a natural for that sort of thing.

Not a great singer, no, but he could do some amazing things with his howls and his scat-like lyrical delivery. None of that is present today.

Not a great singer, no, but he could do some amazing things with his howls and his scat-like lyrical delivery. None of that is present today.

That is true.

I think there were reports from the last tour that just like Ozzy, some of his vocals were not exactly live.